Firearms Budget

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JayCody, Nov 26, 2013.

1. JayCody

JayCody New Member

How many of you all have a budget for guns and ammo?

2. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

Most of us I'd guess. Money is always an issue. We have bills to pay and mouths to feed. Or did I misunderstand the question?

3. JayCody

JayCody New Member

You got it right. I'm wondering if people just buy when they see
    guns for a good price or if they have a set amount to spent for the year.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  4. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

With me personally, I make ends meet. I have to plan, in advance. So, normally when a good deal comes my way, I am too poor to afford it. LOL.

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have my own fun money acct. From buying, selling, swapping , hand making stuff i can sell , etc. My money I earn at work pays bills, puts food on the table ,clothes on our backs and in the savings in case something happens down the road. Bonuses , I may make a small purchase of what ever ammo I need that's less than what I call a adequate amount but I don't go hog wild . Bonus time coming , I plan on about 1000 rds of each in .308 and , 7.62x39

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Through my time, I have always paid the most important person first.
    Who is that you ask? Why, ME, of course.
    Every $5 bill is stashed away from the wife.
    10% of every cent coming into our house goes to the savings account.

In managing my money, and curbing my wants to satisfy the needs first, I have established a (ahem) healthy "toy" budget.

Now, I do have kinfolk who give in to the "wants" and have to eke by for the "needs". ("Yeah, I need those headers for my car to get the .00001 second faster!")

Do I have a gun budget? I will never admit that in public. I have her convinced that I only keep 3 dollars in my wallet.

7. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

my budget system is simple.....

i tell my lovely wife i want a $1000 gun.....she would never tell me "NO" because i am a sex machine......

she will however tell me...."great, i know exactly what i would also like to spend $1000 on....."

i tell her i don't really need a new gun.......:p

i guess you'd call my system "checks and balances"....works FAR better than our government imo.....:D

8. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Same system I see!

9. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

I set a little bit of money aside on a regular basis. When I see something I just "can't live without" I buy it. Then I start saving again, it's a vicious cycle. I love it.

10. collegekid20

collegekid20 New Member

Been buying on a needs system since I'm poor. Needed a shotgun to hunt with so I got one for my tenth birthday. Moved to a dangerous apartment in college so I bought a pistol grip shotgun. When I could legally carry I saved up and took the alcohol money from said birthday and purchased a handgun to carry. Now I'm down to a handgun for carry, a shotgun for deer, duck, and dove season, and a bow for bow season. For ammo I either buy it when I have extra cash or save a box whenever my dad and i go shooting and he's gracious enough to pay for everything.

11. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

My plan is to own all the guns in the world. And then I will rule wisely.:)

12. JW357

JW357 New Member

All our bills are always paid on time, we always have food, clothes, a house, and gas in the vehicles. After that, when we have extra, we usually play (meaning buy stuff ). I dunno if that qualifies as a "budget " or not, but there it is.

That's my plan too. Looks like we're going to have to compete.

13. unclebear

unclebear New Member

Me I'm a young currently looking for a school living with the parents so the money I get I save and if I see something I like I might buy it depending on how much it is. My budget is pretty much split between gas, smokes, beer, and my share of the bills.

Oh yea almost forgot and ammo when I can find it.

14. hq357

hq357 New Member

I set my limit to 3 guns per year and save up money for them to buy 1 on my birthday 2 on 4th of july and 3 on black friday or christmas! :)

15. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I use to set a limit of one gun a year for my birthday.

But when I had to explain how I looked so good for being 104........