Firearms around your house

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by 2hot2handle, Dec 29, 2010.

1. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

Another thread was just started asking how many firearms you had arond your house ready for action should you need them. My question is how well are they hidden? Are they even hidden? Kind of like the old days when folks just put their pieces above the door frame and fireplace? Or are they strategicly placed and hidden? My worry with having too many firearms around the house locked and loaded (assuming no young'uns are present) was that if an intruder did break into your house and was robbing you, what are the chances of his/her finding one of your weapons?

To share a quote from Zombieland "Oh God, don't shoot me with my own gun!"

2. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

The ones in my bedroom are not hidden at all. They stay on the bedside tables and the shotgun lays just under the bed on my side. The rest in the house...yeah they're hidden

3. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

From either entrance to my house, there is a corner and at least 15 yards before they get to my room...I share a room with my brother and we both have 12ga. shotguns under our beds in soft cases loaded with the safties on. and in the left side of our closet 9 other guns and in the right side. assorted ammo

4. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

There's really no such thing as "hidden" unless you truly have some designed hidden compartment somewhere.

I don't have any desire to arm a burglar. I just carry in my house my little LCP and take a gun out of the safe at night. Otherwise everything is locked up (but EVERYTHING is loaded and ready to go).

5. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I kind of follow Dwight's example...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwh9Q0FhPzE]YouTube - Dwight Schrute Weapons In The Work Place[/ame]

6. Hollander

Hollander New Member

Just had a new safe delivered today so no more guns lying around. They are all in the safe except the one next to the bed and the 12 ga in the closet. When we are gone any length of time they will all be in the safe. I just carry around the house whatever I had out for the day.

7. BIGBEN

BIGBEN New Member

Im not a collector,so i only have 3 real expensive guns instead of accumulating.2 are always on me or beside me.The other is either in my truck or with me in the house.

Now spare magazines are a different story.I have plenty of ammo in my safe,but if i HAD to leave my bedroom or was caught in another room,i have a spare mag for the AR and for the 1911 in each room,hidden of course.

8. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

I don't hide stuff, waiting for a crafty thief to find it, instead I keep three guns on me, along with an assortment of knives. My No-Knock Warrent gun resides in a safe close to the front door. AHHhh, now just waiting for some jack-booted thugs to show up...

9. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Wow...now THAT's prepared. :eek:

10. lukeisme

lukeisme New Member

I was just recently able to convert a spare room in my house to my gun room. So I guess this weekend most of them will be in there and a few beside the bed. Just to be safe!!!

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

My one gun in a Gun Vault next to my bed.

12. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

When I was a kid I saw something in a martial arts magazine of how to install a secret pistol compartment above your door frame to your house entrance,I thought that was funny when I saw it.But I think that the best thing you can do is to have a hidden gun that you can access fast when you are home,and to put all your guns,even your hidden gun in a big heavy safe when you leave the house so it can't be used against you if you come home to an intruder,then take your gun out the safe when you get home,lock the door and re hide it.

13. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

I actually got off a speeding ticket w/ a warning after the officer asked if all my carry guns were on my person. I told him that yes, all three were on me, He says "Wow, I only get to carry two guns", I knew I was off that ticket for sure!

14. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

There's one of those old rifle racks on my bedroom wall. No hiding that. My two lever rifles are on it and two of my 22's They are not loaded. There is one pistol stashed away on top of the tower for my old dinoputer, it is loaded. And I keep one on me or next to me always. The rest are locked up.

15. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Hey, Luke, I haven't crossed paths with you in FTF yet, welcome. I hope you can install an exterior door on that spare bedroom for better security. It can double as a pretty good safe room that way.

16. outlaw517

outlaw517 New Member

All my guns are in my nice wooden safe near the bed exept my carry 380. Now I have the one key to may safe close to me at all times and yes 5 out of 6 of them guns are ready to go at a moments notice. Also have a mag hidden in the living room and in the truck for my hand gun. When seconds count cops are moments away.

17. Browningauto

Browningauto New Member

Since I always carry, even while at home, I have a backup .357 in the bedroom. All the rifles and shotguns are locked up. With grandchildren hanging around sometimes, hidden guns around the house just wouldn't work.

18. Ruger44

Ruger44 New Member

Since we have no little ones to worry about, in the bedroom the .38 is handy in the bedside drawer. Downstairs I keep my other handguns and rifles, with a pistol ready to go near my desk.

19. Biohazurd

Biohazurd New Member

Ditto bedroom guns are not hidden, rest of house out of sight...

20. JJAMISON

JJAMISON New Member

I keep my duty gun in a drawer, my off duty para ord stays by my bedside, the Kahr stays on my wife's side of the bed (or on my side when outside) and my 12 gauge stays in the closet.