Firearms applications surge, swamp registration system

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by WNGMSTR, Apr 26, 2014.

1. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

GREAT!!! The more, the merrier. Pretty soon every eligible person in the United States will be armed (except for the "Brady Bunch).

2. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Great news, we broke the ATF's computer. :D Thanks, Obama, for trying to meddle with gun owners and impinge 2A. You've created a booming firearms industry and helped to arm millions more Americans.

3. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Thanks to Obama and his people, the Manufactors and this country is becoming even more Armed.

4. mboylan

mboylan New Member

The article applies to NFA guns only. Good. The current wait time is over 8 months.

That is a hell of alot of machine guns considering there are only between 160,000 and 185,000 transferable. That is a huge number of police transfers and SOT 2 builds.

5. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Too bad it didn't erase all their records..

6. pomfirearms

pomfirearms New Member

I believe silencers would be a large percentage of the registered NFA transfers and machine guns would be the smallest.

7. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I think you are correct. WA State legalized suppressor ownership a year ago and EVERYONE is this state is buying them.

Tack

8. rachilders

rachilders New Member

Same here in Texas. Suppressors were approved for hunting here last year and they've been selling like hotcakes ever since. I applied for the Class 111 stamp yesterday on a silencer I bought last week and I'm curious to see how long it takes to be approved. FWIW, I built a SBR a few years back and also submitted that Form 4 in May. I finally got the stamp the week after Christmas that year and I'm wondering if this one will take as long. :cool:

9. armoredman

armoredman Member

Heck, even I have been considering an SBR...

10. mboylan

mboylan New Member

For non agencies suppressors and SBRs dwarf the number of machine guns. There are only between 160,000 and 185,000 transferable machine guns in existence.

The article mentioned half a million machine gun transfers. Most of those are probably law enforcement agency transfers. Most destructive device transfers are flash bang grenades for SWAT teams.