Firearm purchasing

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Garadex, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Garadex

Garadex New Member

In our lovely Kalifornia would a minor be able to purchase a rifle with a parents consent; or could said minor tell the parent what rifle they want and the parent buys it and then the minor pays the parent for the purchase of the rifle?

2. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I would check out your state laws regarding firearm purchases. I do know that in any state (as far as I know) a minor can have their parent purchase a firearm for them, because the firearm will be LEGALLY be owned by the parent and be listed in their name.

3. Garadex

Garadex New Member

So a minor could give their parent the money and the parent could purchase a rife for the minor with the minors currency?

4. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

I wouldnt see why not, it would be YOUR rifle, but you let the kid shoot it basically. Make sure you check the laws first as CA can be a wanker about these type of things though.....

5. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Yes. As a matter of fact that's how I acquired my first firearm/rifle. I simply gave my father the money. and he purchased the firearm, and he was listed as the owner, but I was really the owner he just simply was the legal owner of it.

6. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Alright thank you everyone. :D

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Just don't let the parent say "I'm buying it for my youngster."

That could open a can of worms.

8. Garadex

Garadex New Member

That is very true.