Firearm physics in The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by Gizord1, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Ok, so, the walking dead, a show that has revolutionized a typically dumb genre, and has set a new standard for action TV shows. Of course, surviving the. Imbue apocalypse, you will prolly be shootin undead flesh addicts in the head with some sort of device that propels a shaped piece of metal at extremely high speeds with much deadly force.
    But, even a great show, such as this one, has fallen to the dreaded "Hollywood firearm physics".
    Most notably, THE GUNS DO NOT RECOIL 80% OF THE TIME!!!
    Even the slides don't recoil on the handguns, in most scenes.
    And the guns seem to have massive magazines, most notably, Rick's .357 Colt Python.
    Another gun flaw scene, is when a police officer clicks the safety off on his GLOCK.
    Two others that I managed to catch that no one else did, is in the CDC episode, they pass an abandoned military blockade. The emplacement guns are Russian Dushka's. At the end of the episode, they use an M67 frag grenade to blast out a bulletproof window (that bullets bounced off of without leaving even a scratch) when the building locks down. The grenade they used was actually an M69 practice grenade. Actually, it wasn't even that. It was an unpainted grenade body with a practice fuze.

2. Zschneider

Zschneider New Member

I thought rick had a .44? Or am I just that stupid

3. hoovco

hoovco New Member

Holy attention to detail. The only thing that bothers me is that blonde chick that's always doing something dumb.

4. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Zach, your dumb, go back to 1st grade

5. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Yeah, I tend to pay attention to every detail when it comes to weapons. I do like how they kinda directly advertise Gerber products

6. hoovco

hoovco New Member

If you call someone dumb, make sure you use you're instead of your.

Just sayin'. :p

7. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

8. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Dammit, you're right. I always use correct grammar. And me and him are best friends in real life. Fellow member of bad company.

9. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

You might want to check your bio then.;)

10. hoovco

hoovco New Member

Bad company?

11. Zschneider

Zschneider New Member

Haha yeah Josh check your self before u reck your self

12. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

What we call our little group of friends. It just has a nice ring to it, and even a song for it XD

13. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Dangit, my redneck speakin and habit of proper grammar seem to have collided. Oh well, a least it's not L337 5P34K

14. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Anyway, back to the original topic...

15. hoovco

hoovco New Member

I did notice the Gerber thing. Talk about product placement.

16. Zschneider

Zschneider New Member

gerber has some good tools great for the situation the show is based off of

17. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Yeah, whenever Carl found that Gerber Apocalypse Kit (the roll of knives, hatchets, and machetes that they use throughout the series), they made sure to show a shot completely of the kit and focused on the Gerber logo. Nice job, Gerber, nice job.

18. hoovco

hoovco New Member

That show does make me wanna get a cowboy hat and a crossbow though.

19. Zschneider

Zschneider New Member

i would settle for the crossbow

20. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

It's actually relatively easy to make exploding arrows, but actual effectiveness in a zombie apocalypse would just be to cause a zombie head to erupt in a gory mess, and you would loose a precious arrow in the process.