Fire pin stop modification.

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by VR4, Aug 13, 2010.

1. VR4

VR4 New Member

So I've been reading a lot about this fire pin modification The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site - Amazing reduction in perceived recoil with a simple part change - EGW firing pin stop and how it will help with tracking and side to side movement along with reducing muzzle flip.

I ordered a EGW 70 series SS oversized fire pin stop to see for myself and have to say that it was well worth it.

I got mine yesterday and installed it in my SA Trophy Match. I just got back from the range. I was amazed at the difference on accuracy and muzzle flip.

The install was easy you just have to take it "SLOW". I used my old fire pin stop as a guide. This was my first time doing this.

Thought I would share this info for people that have never heard of this modification.

2. wjkuleck

wjkuleck Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm using the EGW stop on one build and a Wilson Combat on another. The "bullet proof" (I believe that's the modifier) Wilson FPS is also flat, and requires a little less fitting. The stainless version of the Wilson I received has a very small radius on it. Come to think of it, I'll have to get out my radius gauges to see if I can measure it.

Note that the small radius FPS is to be used with a 23 lb mainspring ("hammer spring") and 15 or 16 pound recoil spring.

Regards,

Walt