Fire mission

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by 2manyhobbies, Apr 10, 2013.

1. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies New Member

2. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

The only thing I am fine with is the universal background checks.

3. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

I guess I am ok with that too...as long as background check requirements are applied to other rights.

Right to vote
    Free speech
    Assembly
    Pleading the fifth

It would be awkward though to have to go through a background check when buying my father in law's shotgun...

4. HankStone

HankStone New Member

I'm for none of the poll,but rather open our massive mental institutions of yesteryear,"that the States considered too expensive too keep open".

OH yes lets make Murder a serious crime,to be meet with death for all Murders..

5. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The hell with gun restrictions. I object to any and all on principle. There are more than enough already. If gun owners don't draw a line in the sand and stand firm, they will whittle our Constitutional rights away one chip at a time. Give a little, lose everything.

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I voted fore none. but I'm not too concerned with background checks as long as McConnell's exceptions are in.

The only reason I don't object too strongly to BC is the experience of taking a nice shiny Kimber or Colt or S&W off of a puke that robbed two convenience stores and find out it was legally purchased by an "upstanding citizen" 3 weeks earlier and sold (legally) in the parking lot of a saloon. I've seen that dozens of times.

7. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

I voted for "suck it."

New background checks, even universal ones will do nothing. Firearm offenses need to have harsher penalties. The responsibility needs to be firmly in the hand that holds the weapon, not the other way around.

8. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Universal background checks won't do anything.

I posted this in another thread.

9. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Why? What will they accomplish?

Gang Bangers are not contacting people off of "armlist" or attending gun shows to buy weapons from private sellers.

They are cajoling, or intimidating 21 year old females from there "Hood", who have no criminal record, into buying guns from FFL's "with gang money" and turning them over to the gang.

Sheniqua will still pass the check after they are "universal" and she will still give the weapons to the gang banger...

So... tell me again how sacrificing some more of our Liberty will work to keep guns out of the wrong hands?

Tack

10. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

No, our gun control laws are fine as they stand!

11. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

I got this....

well tack ya see the thing with the ...um ...well they check the buyer right and um....then that buyer just giving a gun away would be um breaking the law by ah....mmm...cause theyre in a gang see? And they dont want to break any ....ah....laws. so... yeah!

I dont see what the problem with that logic is. :rolleyes:

12. customammo72

customammo72 New Member

Well since I am an LEO, my only input here is the fact that our justice system and methods of prosecution really suck *** big time, so it may cause her to get arrested and junk, but unfortunately she would probably never get a charge or do any time the way it usually goes, so say they ban her from ever being able to buy a gun then again, well they will just go find another person, and then another and another, and it will continue just the same, I don't think it would honestly do that much good. Just my perspective and two cents tho..... I see firsthand how the justice system works and it doesn't work like people think it does unfortunately.....

13. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I am against any new laws whatsoever. Once they start on a debate over a bill that is totally watered down, they will start attaching other crap to it. Then it does become a real threat.

14. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies New Member

BAD IDEA!!! KEY WORD UNIVERSAL...

This was explained on one of the local talk shows yesterday, either FOX, Hannady, Shawn one of those I was driving about listening but here is the bad news....

You are at the range, a long time trusted friend is there too, he likes your gun and asks to shoot it is it OK to simply hand him your gun to try out.... :confused:

NO YOU CANNOT!!:mad:

If you let him you are in violation of the FEDERAL Universal background checks law, can be arrested, fined, your guns confiscated, and loose a heap of money on lawyers, your job, family..:mad:

Before you can let him take it you must first run a background check on him...

he MT's the mag can he give it back...

NO HE CANNOT.:mad:

Before he can return you gun to you he must first run a background check on you or he is in violaton of federal law...:eek:

You are off on a mulit day business trip and leaving the wife alone, she asks for your BUG for protection while you are gone...

can you let her borrow it to keep her safe in the house while you are gone:confused:

NO YOU CANNOT:eek:

you must first run a background check on your wife before you let her borrow it or you are in violation of the universal background check...:mad:

Can she simply had it back when you return...

NO SEE ABOVE!!!

further you may be charged as much as $10 per transaction... Is it still OK???

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  15. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Sorry. Gotta throw the big B.S. flag on that.

There are good arguments that can be made against the BC, but none of those above fit the mold. The nonsense posted above actually hurt the cause of stopping the BC bill.

This is pure fear mongering.

16. wechols

wechols Member Lifetime Supporter

I agree. I am against any new laws because they are restricting freedoms.

17. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies New Member

No not BS, I know you cannot believe everything you hear on the radio, but the guy was on a national syndicated news show, (Which one is on it was either Sirus fox or Patriot at 15:00) this was a 3 round, the mod, and two guests, and he was not refuted....

On a side note there is discussion on the news today about dropping the UNIVERSAL part from the bill and only require COMMERCIAL dealers to do this at the point of sale...

The bad part is they still want to keep records of all transactions, AKA registration NOT GOOD!!

18. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

so far out of 2300 votes... 2010 againts all legislation. woohoo...i doubt this poll will get airded on tv

19. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I'm fine with UBC's, but I know that the feds would abuse it easily so in the end I oppose them. I basically want parts of the 1968 firearms laws and the machine gun ban to be totally gone but other than that I am okay with firearms laws on a national

Edit:
    LOL "airded"

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013