Finnish M-39 and Spanish FR-8

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by selector67, Apr 18, 2013.

1. selector67

selector67 New Member

Hey guys, I am a new member, just added an M-39 and an FR-8 to my mil-surp collection, they are both in great condition, the mosin came with a bayonet, but from what I have gathered the M-39 bayonets are rare, and the pics I have seen they are only half the size of this one, the blade measures 16 inches, I tried to fit it to my Finnish M-27 but it would not fit, just wanted to know if any of you seen a Finnish bayonet like this one.
    [​IMG]

2. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

The Finnish bayonet should fit both the M27 and M39... All the Finnish rifles M27 to M39 have the same bayonet lug... But I dont think yours is a Finnish bayonet...

The "long" ones look like this, and the M39 is short with a knife style blade.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Nice rifles. Looks like the Finn had the wood refinished. The military pine tar finish us usually pretty dull. Bet it is still a great shooter.

Tikka or Sako?

4. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

Welcome! Those are beautiful rifles, especially the Mosin. Never seen the blade bayonet, that's interesting.

5. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Here's an FR-8 bayo someone was selling.

Attached Files:

6. Milsurpshooter60

Milsurpshooter60 New Member

man i have always wanted one of those
    spanish fr-8s.make a great brush gun.Very nice looking rifles my freind.

7. selector67

selector67 New Member

Thanks, it is a Sako :)

8. selector67

selector67 New Member

Thanks for the info guys, I found out that the bayonet is a 1913 Spanish long bayonet, designed for the spanish M1916 mauser style rifle, but it fits the M-39 like it was made for it, so if any of you are looking for a bayonet for your M-39, get a 1913 spanish one :)

9. selector67

selector67 New Member

I have a CETME that came with a bayonet that fits the FR-8

10. marysdad

marysdad New Member

Here's a pic of my Finnish M1939 knife bayonet, mounted to the rifle.

[​IMG]

The scabbard is green leather with a steel protector on the lower reverse.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Repros can be had for about $75. Real M1939 bayonets typically run as much or more than the rifle itself.

11. Milsurpshooter60

I was thinking same thing looks just like a cetme bayo , guess it is lol.Both are spanish ,makes sense to me.

12. Milsurpshooter60

Oh and welcome to the forum my freind, lots of nice knowledgable people on this forum i love it myself.Have fun reading all the interesting posts.And i have allready learned a few things myself,knowledge is power.Can never stop learning i say.Again welcome to a great forum.

13. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I am drooling over your bayonet! Congrats on aquiring one! I had to settle.....

14. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Right...... Unfortunately I can never "settle" and always gotta get the real stuff.. I dont wannna even look at my M-39, after seeing yours with the bayonet..

:(

15. selector67

selector67 New Member

Thanks for the welcome Milsurpshooter60 :)

16. Milsurpshooter60

BUT OBAMA the new king ,says we do not use bayo,s in the american military anymore ,3rd pres debate ,since when???? lol my m4 had a bayo and i did use it more than i cared for.What a pair of knumbnuts we have in white house right now. Like biden,s take ya double barrel fire two shots out the window , then wait for the cops to come and arrest you for unlawful use of a firearm yea ill do that mr biden,lol srry got off topic a moment .nice looking bowie style bayo there .i like it, i took the folding bayo off my m44 made it shoot to the right at 4 o clock , took it off hits dead center can be reinstalled easily.i was opening it out to shoot it still shot to right and low ,removed it the problem went away.Would love a m39 to add to my collection just havent ran across one yet i felt was for me.

17. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Nice.............. I got to get me one of those FR-8`s, nice looking rifle...........

18. Milsurpshooter60

Yea im a little envious of the fr8 myself.I have wanted one for many yrs.:(