finished the M4 build

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Mack Bolan, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

just finished up my build during the week, thought i'd post some pics.
    went together pretty easy, not the best with the punches yet, so i did ding up the receiver near the bolt catch retainer pin.
    IMG_4725.JPG
    IMG_4766.JPG
    IMG_4792.JPG
    IMG_4793_2.JPG

off to the factory rep shoot at gatguns for now.....

gonna stock up on ammo cant wait to get to an outdoor range to test her out.:cool:

2. russ

russ New Member

Looks good. Is it a complete Del-Ton kit?

BTW, a little love from a Sharpie marker will hide your indiscretion with the punch.:D Don't ask me how I know that.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010

3. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Very nice indeed. I am going to have to build my next one. Should have done it that way first.

4. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

That Scope??? Holy H, reach out and touch something.

5. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

That's a beut and wow what a scope! Similar to what I hope to build one day, although I don't think I'd need those optics on a 100-200 yd range. NJ outlaws bayo lug and suppressor so bull barrel with no A2 front sight is one way to go. I like the look with the standard A2 stock as well.

6. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

Good job Mack, very cool. Painters tape on the receiver before the roll pin will help prevent the "oops"..... I have dinged one before too :eek:
    What kind of magic mag do you have in there? ;):D

7. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

[​IMG]

This technique works well, too. Tape the jaws of your vice grips or pliers with some electical or vinyl tape. Hold the pin with needle nose, and squeeze the pliers to slide that pin right in. A drop of lube or oil helps to smooth things out and protects the pin, too. Painter tape against the receiver adds extra protection, too.

Slo

8. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

And dont use DPMS LPK's....:D:D Bwaaahhaaaahaaaa

9. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

That's right....that way, there's more for ME!! Muahaaahaaaahaaaa! :cool:

10. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

the only non del-ton part is the "Rguns" lower receiver

yeah, that looks like the experienced method;) i should have employed, mos def noted for the next one...Thanks Slo.

nice gun too walter....i think i'm gonna go with some flip down sights first, get used to shooting it and then think about the right glass....

need time for the cash residual to build up again:)

11. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

well, i'm going to start with iron sights, i may quickly find for the AR ranges, or capabilities distance wise, my vision is better equipped with a scope of some sort.

Wanted to add that the only possible negative about the Del-ton kit was the disclaimer included that said you void the warranty if you use reloaded ammo or lacquer coated ammo. its not a concern for me right now because i dont reload yet and i can buy other ammo, but definitely something anyone else may want to consider.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  12. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

Good idea. I recommend anyone new to shooting get used to iron sights, before going to optics. That way, if anything were to ever fail (of course they never do, right?), you know how to shoot with the iron sights.

You'd be surprised at how many don't know the first thing about how to FLIP up their rear or front sights...."It came with these dang things, and don't know how they go up" :rolleyes:

I've got friends who use iron sights, EXCLUSIVELY. And a few of those will ring steel at 5-600 meters, consistently. I always joke about what they COULD do if they only weren't so damn cheap and bought real optics :p

at the risk of starting another flame war on the topic....if your "go-to, depend your life on" type piece is ammo sensitive, it is time to put faith in something else.