Finished a project

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by Dzscubie, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Well, I finished my gun cart today and I’m pretty proud of myself. I’m no where as skilled as Spitty, Benning, JD or so many others on this forum but I think it turned out pretty nice.

If you did not know it when you shoot Cowboy Action Shooting Competition you need a gun cart to carry your guns from stage to stage and from the loading table to the firing line and then to the unloading table. With your ammo, shotgun, rifle and all it is a bit to haul around.

A lot of the shooters have pretty fancy gun carts and some several hundreds of dollars. A basic cart starts around $150 if you buy it made but I decided to make mine by myself. I designed and built it and now I guess I want to show it off.

Scubie

Attached Files:

2. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Here are a couple of more.

Attached Files:

3. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Cool beans Scubie! That is a quite nice shooting cart.

Just be thankful you don't have to drag it out to the 600 yard line and back through the weeds and tall grass and across the creek. But I digress..... :D

Slap a cushion on top of the lid and use it for a stool as well between relays. :cool:

4. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Thanks High, I'm pretty proud of myself if I do say so. I made the whole thing to including making the front support bracket. I think it will go well with the cowboy rig Glass is making for me. I'm also planning on burning my brand into the side of the box or the upright I'm not sure which.

Scubie

5. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Scubie thats very nice. Great craftsmanship. I guesse you SF guys are good at other things.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Cool beans, nice job. I like Highpower's idea about a seat cushion.

7. Neophyte1

Neophyte1 New Member

Nice Project

Sir; a very nice project; with benefits:)

8. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

9. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Well done sir.

I was just thinking this morning of somthing like that for where I went last weekend. I wonder if there is a way to have a cart like yours that also has a fold up shooting rest on the back. Then I could sit on that ammo box and shoot off the rifle rest.

HHHMMMMM:rolleyes:

10. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Sounds like we have a volunteer for another great DIY project! :D

Let's see some more of those "I made it myself" ideas you guys and gals have been keeping a closely guarded secret out there. :)

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Well done Scubie! Very sound idea and construction. Definitely needs a seat cushion for some rest between sessions. And perhaps a cooler. :cool:

JD

12. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Actually, dont' tell Glass, but I have a styrofoam cooler that "just" fits in the main compartment where I am "suppose" to keep the ammo. :rolleyes:;):cool:

Scubie

13. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

That's good thinking sir. Cuz if your getting loaded the guns shouldn't.

14. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Ummmm, Joe it keeps my water cold as it gets realllllly hot out her in El Paso. :cool:

15. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Very Nice gun toting cart there Scubie. :D

16. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Lookin good, scubie!!!

17. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Nice try brother.... :D

To keep it simple I just fill one of those cheap plastic canteens 3/4 full with water the day before and throw it in the freezer. Then just stuff it in with the rest of your gear as you load up the car to head to your destination. By mid morning / afternoon it will have thawed enough to leave you with nice cold ice water on those days out in the sun.

[​IMG]

18. SemperRogue

SemperRogue New Member

I like it. Might have to develop my own. Good job.

19. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Scubie, I believe that will do nicely!! Good work! My hammer and nail expertise hasn't improved since my fort building enterprise when I was 6! :D

20. sbrenner

sbrenner New Member

Very nice! and I do not even know you...

Looks very sturdy.

The box is a feat to behold!

Every part needs to be square and fit together!

For Sure a job well done!

:cool::cool::cool::cool: