Finding time to shoot

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Yunus, May 27, 2010.

1. Yunus

Yunus New Member

So with a baby in the house, I have found that I barely have time for sleep. Shooting is just going to be impossible to find time for in the near future. Hard to believe that a little 10 lb person can cause two full size people to completely change their lives to meet her needs.

It's lots of fun, well except for waking up in the middle of the night but I do wish I could still find time for hobbies.

2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

They make super small ear muffs.

Attached Files:

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Yunus, it gets better as they get older. Of course it will be a few years before they can just about take care of themselves. Cherish this time when they are tiny and just prescious. If you think you worry now, just wait. :)

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Have no fear young Jedi, you get your life back in 18-20 years!!!

5. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

I would recommend trying to work out "me" time for both you and your spouse, otherwise you can go balistic! Let her have a weekend or weekend day and you take one. It really is a great mental mouthwash, you'll feel minty fresh after some time off.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Time to get a quiet BB gun for the back yard target practice. Make sure Jr. is behind some plexiglass or something.

7. amoroque

amoroque New Member

I was watching the outdoor channel last night and they had a show on the new Ruger Rimfire challenge. Some of those kids started shooting at about 4 years old.

So maybe only a few years until you and your little one can enjoy the range together.

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

And to think, my wife wants to have one of those....I can hardly get to the range as it is!!

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I agree with the "me" time. It works for me. Also, when I want to do something, I set up an "appointment" on my calendar and work other things around it. Just like a doctor's visit without the pain and headache.

10. Yunus

Yunus New Member

We are lucky enough to have family that is willing to help. The problem is she is a teacher and won't be going back to work until the middle of August and I am already back to work. So she is totally bored and I understand, I can't even stay 24 hours in the home without getting stir crazy. I think I need to call her girlfriends and just have them show up and take her away for a couple hours to have dinner and just be herself without having to think about the little one. I think doing this will mean she will reciprocate and let me have some time on a weekend day.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really not complaining about my situation, it's a very good spot to be in, taking care of the little one is fun but everyone still needs a little time of their own to do what they want.

11. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

That is a good idea, Yunus. Still, she won't be able to stop thinking about the little one for a while, so expect phone calls and/or texts while she is out with her friends. A baby is a life and relationship changer like nothing else in the world. Just keep being a good husband and involved father, and things will come naturally. I firmly believe that new mothers feel more stress than new fathers (if that is actually possible). If you can swing it, buy her some time at a spa where she can get pampered a bit. Then play that into some range time for your own pampering. :D The worst thing the two of you can do is to forget your individuality and smother eachother and the baby. It is tough to do, but it is possible. Keep in mind that your wife comes first and foremost. It is easy to get lost in the realm of parenting. Never ever take your wife for granted as it is the love in your relationship that led to the parenthood. The baby does not care where the love and security comes from, so that is a constant. The relationship between you and your wife is not a constant.

(jeez, I sound like Dr. Spock) :eek:

12. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

Yunus I know it is hard but they are right about me time. It is hard but it is sooo worth it and you also need time together o.k. It will get better I promise :)

13. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Kids are a lot of work. But there is no experience like the first time you take your kid to the range and they hit their first pop can. You will never forget it.

14. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

Just wait till the baby gets to be about 3.. Crawls up in bed in the middle of the night between you and your lady.. Next think you know, you get 4 knees in the back..hehe.. Cherish every moment ! They grow up quick..

15. RadioActiV

RadioActiV New Member

4 knee's to the back?? Hell I get one knee to the groin and thats all I get. You're lucky!:D