Finders keepers ?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by MobileMarine, Oct 18, 2011.

1. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

Say you had the resources to do it , You knew their locations , and it was in international waters . What would prevent you from salvaging a crashed b17 , a deck gun from a naval ship ect ect , weather it be jap , us , german . I vaguely remember a show about a ww2 bomber that had landed in the arctic and found many decades later , they got it ready to fly out and while running the 4 new engines one caught fire and destroyed the plane .
    Anyone know the red around salvages like this ? All this being said with respect to those who went down with said vessel .
    For me I would give anything to have a p-38 or b17 or any other ww2 plane , no matter the condition , hell just a part of of them would make me happy
    Im sure the gov would have an issue with salvaging a ma deuce from its watery grave

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Most nations claim sovereignty over military aircraft or vessels lost while in service. You cannot legally claim salvage rights to them.

Sunken Warships and Military Aircraft

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yeah, what Jpyle said.

But, there are civilian treasures out there to be found.

I read somewhere that there are some cities here in the US that are having problems with abandoned boats and these cities are not only letting contractors go out and collect these boats (some of which are yacht class), but they are being paid for it and being allowed to keep them.

4. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

How about a boat that was full of guns that accidently sank during an FTF outing?:rolleyes:

Sorry guys, I couldn't resist.:D

5. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Gary already salvaged it...:(

6. freefall

freefall New Member

forking Gary, grumble, grumble...

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Hey! That was DEEP water.

REAL deep. Fast currents. Real fast. :rolleyes:

8. c3shooter

PS- besides the effects of being immersed in seawater for 60 years on a Ma Deuce, salvage falls under marine law, and the law of Treasure Trove. If some insurance company paid the losses on a freighter full of Merkel shotguns that went down, THEY own the cargo. And they DO fight like the very dickens.

Salvager that located one of the Spanish galleons and salvgaed the gold has been tied up with govt claims on the gold since day 1.

9. texaswoodworker

Sounds like one heck of a swim to get to that wreck.:eek:

What caused it to sink?

10. texaswoodworker

Did he get anything that was repairable or did the salt water pretty much destroy everything?

It's a shame to see a boat go down.

It's even a bigger shame to see all those guns go down with it.:(

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

It's time to share the story, I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

12. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

No what made me cry is the episode of border wars that showed all of the seized guns being destroyed , i cried over that more than the movie marley and me

13. utf59

utf59 New Member

You forgot to mention the sharks.

14. c3shooter

Nah, the sharks were all killed by the giant squid and the piranhas.

Cause of sinking- boat was overloaded with guns and ammo. It was either that, or an AD from a Glock.

boat_minnow.jpg

For those joining our program in progress, some of were asked what guns we owned. Unfortunately, we all lost ALL our guns in a horrible, HORRIBLE boating accident. The memories are SO horrible- the wind, the waves, the screams (we made Shihan put that away, so the screaming stopped anyway) - Why- I can hardly bring myself to talk about it to this day. I just break down and sob broken heartedly.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it............:p

15. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Actually it was overloaded with ice for all the beer they brought.:rolleyes:

16. texaswoodworker

Who's glock was it and what the heck was it loaded with and where can I get some?:D That must of been one powerful round.:eek:

Just another reason why guns and beer do not mix.:D

17. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

I was told the liberals gave one more free boat ride and it was the straw that broke the camels back , or that it was overloaded with too much of the bull$h1t that comes along with them , both sound feasible and likely .

18. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

I dont either but somehow im going to make it Mr obamas or the liberals fault .:D

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

Hey... When in doubt... blame a Dem. It's what they do to us! :)

20. c3shooter

Plutonium Nitrate fully jacketed. Only place that makes them is in Amarillo TX. Funny place called PanTex. Used to be another shop in Colorado, place called Rocky Flats, but they closed up. Russians may be importing some from a place in the Ukraine- not sure on translated spelling- think it is Cherynobl or something like that. :p