finally!

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by unclebear, Oct 19, 2013.

1. unclebear

unclebear New Member

This morning me and my dad went shooting I took my heritage arms single action 22LR and he brought his 7mm Rem Mag, he finally got all the stuff together and loaded up some rounds and we shot about 30 rounds through it.

The factory loads had more of a snap sharp recoil where the reloads where more of a soft push and were pretty nice to shoot and easy on the shoulder.

Also these where his first rounds that he's ever reloaded, the gun didn't explode, all rounds made it out of the barrel with decent accuracy and the only thing that was hurt was the steel we were shooting at so all and all it was a pretty good day.

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Sounds like a good time. Where to do y'all shoot.

3. unclebear

unclebear New Member

We have some family owned land we go and shoot on, they're pretty picky about who's they allow on it. Took a month of beggin to get my girlfriend out there. We ended up forgetting the targets so we had to settle for a steel plate and a thing of paint for a target.

4. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

You guys ever make it out to Knob creek?

5. unclebear

unclebear New Member

nope ive been there a few times but with how busy I usually am I dont have near as much time as I want.

6. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I've gone once. To damn busy for me. Wasn't a fan of it. However it is a place to shoot.

7. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

I'm going to the range tomorrow to shoot my new 7mm rem mag for the first time, I can't wait!

8. JW357

JW357 New Member

Sounds like a blast. Glad you had a good time.

Also glad his reloads are good to go. :)

9. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Sounds like a great time at the range!
    7mm rem's an excellent cartridge,i've been shooting one for quite some time now and handloading is a great way to load custom ammo below the cost premium ammo prices.
    Glad to hear the reloading is going well,it can be a fun hobby in itself.