1. PowerViolence

PowerViolence New Member

I just finished my Concealed Class today. I have been looking forward to this day since I was about 10 years old... a long wait.

Still only half way there, still need to do the fingerprint/photo and send it out, but almost there.

I'd like to thank the members of this forum for all the useful information, especially regarding this topic.

!!!

2. fins59

fins59 New Member

Congrats. Did mine about 2.5 months ago. Maybe I'll get the permit soon.

3. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Congrats! I applied mine in January then got it less than a month. Best part is i dont have to pay any background check ($25 in Nevada) whenever i purchase a firearm anymore. Applied for Utah & Florida and now still waiting for the permits back.

4. 1HotMama

1HotMama New Member

COCKY!!! Ha, I love your avatar, go Gamecocks!

I took my class 2 weeks ago so I still have a long wait for my permit.

5. Win73

Win73 New Member

Here in Alabama, I go to my couty sheriff's office, they run a computer check on me, I pay them $15 and walk out with my permit.

6. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

Are you saying that you get your CPL on the spot?

7. Win73

Win73 New Member

Yes. Although is some counties here in Alabama there is a little more involved.

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Here's a suggestion that may speed up your license process, hand deliver it to a Division of Licensing Regional Office. I've heard it can cut up to 2/3 rds of the wait time.

Submitting a Concealed Weapon License Application at a Division of Licensing Regional Office

9. Sideswipe

Sideswipe New Member

I should be getting my permit any day now.

10. Longrange

Longrange New Member

Congrats on your permit. Take the time to learn the laws and be safe

11. galapogos

galapogos New Member

Yep. That's good advice.
    I was pretty much stoked thinking of getting the Permit, then it arrived a few days ago and once that wears off, you start thinking of reality and stuff that really matters.

Day two I decided that I wanted to carry, but realized that the only time I'd want to draw my weapon is where imminent and life threatening danger to my life or a member of my family's life was present. But what about the jackass at my car window screaming at me because I didn't move out of a parking spot fast enough? Or the two thug looking guys approaching me at the end of Walmart's parking lot? I'm sure we can all come up with hundreds of scenarios where there might be a less than lethal threat where you want to protect yourself, but not kill someone. At least until you're sure your life is in danger.

So, I bought a good Pepper Spray canister to carry for any situation where less than lethal force defense might be needed which is probably 99.99% of the time. Now I have a choice and can select a defense / deterrent suitable for the situation and level of threat. Most of the time, you are best not to draw your weapon. When you do, it better be for a damn good reason. But Pepper Spray? You're not likely to get in trouble for using that.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  12. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Once you got your permit and the " stokedness" wore off you started thinking about reality and 'stuff' that really matters?
    Day two of carrying and you realized You might not want to whip your gun out unless it was necessary?
    Wtf bro?, these are definitely 'stuff' you should have thought about, long and hard, BEFORE you started carrying! Were you sleeping during the class? Did you even take one? I'm not trying to flame you but your comments semt multiple red flags up to me,, maybe you just worded your post wrong.. I really hope so.....

13. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

Gonna have to go with Bear. That thought should have been delt with well before even taking your class much less starting to carry.

14. Sideswipe

Sideswipe New Member

When I decided to get my permit, I made the conscious decision that I am willing to protect myself and my loved ones, nothing more, nothing less. I'm not 'stoked' about it, it is a massive responsibility and in a situation, there has to be no doubt about what you're doing, and it had better be the right thing in your mind at that moment. My .02 :)

15. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

+10^^^ Agreed, some serious fore thought should go into this, its not like its a matter of life or death,,,,oh wait it is.....

16. phildenton

phildenton New Member

Pepper spray can still get you into legal troubles. You can be charged with assault, and then sued. You need to rethink as to whether or not youre mature enough to carry.

17. Sideswipe

Sideswipe New Member

Agreed, many people don't understand that even OC can get you into hot water if improperly used.

18. G23LCPK45

G23LCPK45 New Member

This drives me crazy. At 12 yo I walked by police weekly with a loaded gun(s) in summer or winter! It was normal. I feel like a frog and the water is getting hotter each election!!! We're losing.

19. WilliamTF

WilliamTF New Member

Some jackass OUTSIDE your car window? Two thug looking guys approaching in your direction? You're scaring me bro. You need to seriously consider the consequinces of your actions. Don't be trigger happy , you can't get that bullet back, and pepper spray can get you in a heap of trouble too. Its good to be aware of your surroundings , but paranoid and trigger happy is a dangerous combination.

20. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I love Alabama in and out in 20 min. Permit in hand.