Finally...

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by LoniJo, Jul 2, 2014.

1. LoniJo

LoniJo New Member

So, I finally got my LC9 today. I thought I was going to have it several weeks ago, but I was waiting on the $$. (LSS I did a little job and should have been paid for it at the end of May but I just got the $$ today). Since this is my first gun, I wanted to wait for my husband to be with me to shoot it. So, he came home and we broke it down, he showed me how and then let me do it. We put it back together and it started raining!! I was so aggravated...I have this beautiful new pistol and it's raining :mad:. Finally it stopped, so I dragged him outside and put 25 rds. through it before it started raining again. Can I tell y'all...I love this little gun! I was so excited my hands were shaking. Anyway, I can't wait to get back out there tomorrow!

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

congrats! :D

nothing like buying your first one. enjoy it and be safe.:D

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Great! Now carry it. :)

No offense and none taken

4. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Outstanding! The more you shoot the easier it will be to Shoot. Did you get the mags with the pinky rest installed?(how many) and any of the 9 rounders? Start looking for holsters yet??

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

5. LoniJo

LoniJo New Member

Yes, only one, and no. But I will get more mags. I'm leaning toward the flash-bang for a first holster but will probably look at a belly band, too. I'm scheduling my CC class today. This will be what I carry. Husband was so supportive after the 25 rounds. I looked at the target (a print of a lifesized squirrel on a regular piece of paper stuck to a box LOL) and only 7 or 8 were on the squirrel. Then he held the box up to his chest and said, "Look, any of these shots would have stopped someone coming at you." Now, I kinda feel empowered;)

6. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

Congratulations on the purchase of your first handgun.

7. LoniJo

LoniJo New Member

Day 2 of shooting...20 rds this time...closer pattern. I'm hitting to the left a bit but considering how new I am I'm not disappointed :)

Attached Files:

8. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Get the RTK trigger for it... trust me, world of difference!

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

You're doing great. Some very nice shooting. I'm glad you have supportive husband and he's right. Any of those shots would have stopped a threat. I am excited for you!

10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

That is good for 25 yards with a pocket gun. That group will shrink a lot at a 7 yard defense range.

11. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Especially if the BG is any larger than a squirrel! ;)

12. DrFootball

Yeah, those are some good hits right there...if you think You are doing anything Wrong( like some of the rounds appearing to be "Low & to the left" try to focus on Not "Pulling" the gun with your trigger finger. Keep your resistance and stance steady with a slight push into the Gun and the recoil while keeping it steady and those grow will tighten up the rest of the way. Still, great shooting for only the second time out with the Gun!!! Hopefully you can shoot closer to 50 rounds per session to get used to the Gun. Don't worry about practicing drawing the gun just yet..that will come later...Good job

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  13. LoniJo

LoniJo New Member

Y'all really gave me some great advice! Monday my husband and I spent several hours outside shooting. I went through 80+ rounds. Today I decided to measure off 6, 10, and 15 foot distances (I read that's what I'd have to do for CC). I didn't run a full 12 at each distance since I was just finishing off a box. Here's how I did. (These are in the order I shot: 6, 10, and 15 feet)

Attached Files:

14. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Excellent shooting as far as I'm concerned. Keep it going, it'll only get better

15. LoniJo

LoniJo New Member

Got two 9 round clips today. Of course I had to load 'm and shoot 'em right then. Have I said lately how much I love my LC9?

16. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Clips are used on guns like the Garand and SKS. Yours takes magazines.:eek::D

17. DrFootball

Yes, me too. I have 8 total mags for mine, 5-7's and 3-9's. I also got a Pachmayr rubber over grip for mine. Have not put it on yet because I have been playing with my new Crossbow the last few days..

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

18. LoniJo

LoniJo New Member

Yeah... might be a little tough to put a clip in my gun. :D

19. LoniJo

LoniJo New Member

Let me know how you like the grip...

20. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

The talon rubberized grips are really nice as well, great grip and remains low profile, unlike those horrifically oversized hogue grips.