Finally took the plunge!

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by VitSports6, Jan 12, 2010.

1. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

had been doing some research over the last month since taking the CCP class on some hand guns and shooting a friends Beretta over the last weekend, It was time to start looking for "the one", The gun show didn't yield anything that caught my eye, I kept kicking myself for selling my old Sig Pro SP2340 But it has a loving home.
    Tonight after I dropped my daughter off at her Braille class I stopped off at Doug's Shoot-N-Sports here in Salt Lake City to see what they had and I came home with this!

[​IMG]

I kind of liked the older black cases, But perhaps the blue will grow on me

[​IMG]

Its a Sig Sauer P250 2-sum if you couldnt tell :D

[​IMG]

Its a 9mm, I like the idea of having a small carry weapon as well as the larger for range or what not shooting, Its a neat idea, Its the trigger system that is marked with the serial number.
    I can wait to get out and shoot is, I also picked up a box of 9mm FMG's for fun and some hollow point for serious
    Now if that CCP would just show up ...

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Congratulations! My experience with sigs are very limited. Give us a range report and over all rating on it when you can. :)

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Nice little set up you've got there. Let us know how it shoots, in both formats.

4. MB44

MB44 New Member

Six months ago I bought the P250 version just in between (size) the two that you got there, and I am "happy as a tornado in a trailerpark"

[​IMG]

Enjoy your SIG.... :)

5. jimbobpissypants

jimbobpissypants New Member

Good for you! You'll love the Sig. Mine have all been bullet proof.

6. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

i had the P250 and quickly got rid of it when i experienced its long trigger pull, maybe she will work better for you

7. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Ive owned Sig's before and I really havent noticed this one being much longer of a pull, But thanks for your thoughts :D

Thanks everyone else, I am hoping to get to the range tomorrow, along with my sons, his Henry .22 and red dot sight

8. macdiesel

macdiesel New Member

I looked at this one and really liked it. It wasn't the 2-sum. It was a single full sized 45. The cheapest here on island is around $800. That sounds like way too much when I look online.

9. Agent_H

Agent_H New Member

Can't go wrong with a Sig! Nice purchase. I saw this setup at the gun show last Saturday and a couple of guys were debating on it.

Miss my worn-in P226 in 9mm. Was a fine weapon and a great shooter.

I bet you are pleased! (that makes all the gun fans happy)

:D

10. SigGambler

SigGambler New Member

Congradulations! It always feels like Christmas when you buy a gun let alone a "two-fer Gun deal". I have a couple of Sigs and like them very much, don't have much experience with the Sig-Pro's though. Let us know what you think?

11. macdiesel

macdiesel New Member

I saw the full sized 45 on Buds for $399. Is that right or is that just for the conversion? All my LGS's have them for sale in the $800 range. Is that way too much?

12. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Glad you seem to be happy with your new purchase :)

Haven't seen any Sigs out here as yet...we have a relatively small number of models to choose from due to the 5" barrel minimum rule.

Off topic here, but you know it never ceases to amaze me how you guys can just casually 'walk in' to a gun shop, browse, choose, and walk out with one - simple as that! :eek:

No waiting for the police to approve your safe, no waiting for a PTA (permit to accquire) form to be sent from them, another few weeks for processing, liasing with the required gunshop to get the paperwork in order etc etc etc

Then waiting until you can pick it up...and if for some reason there's an import hangup and it takes more than 3 months...you gotta pay for another PTA & re-start the process all over again. They really want to discourage ya I got to say :rolleyes:

13. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

I live in a fairly liberal state when it comes to firearms, But that only goes so far, Once I walked in the door of my house, My wife was giving me the evil eye ... and yes, I am still happy.
    Good luck to you in your future firearm hunting :cool:
    Thanks

14. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

A little update, I've got about 800 rounds through the full size p250 and still happy with my purchase, Its been nice being able to get some range time, I still need to work on the 15 + yard accuracy, But I'm sure that will come with practice.

I also picked up a Tactical Light/Laser with 2 magazines on a 2sum deal through Sig Sauer .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The light wont fit on the sub-compact, But thats not that big of a deal.
    I've also been carrying the sub-compact for the last week and it seems to fit fairly well in a universal "Uncle Mike's" #16 IWB holster, I'm waiting for a heavier duty IWB holster to come out...

15. Uchahi

Uchahi New Member

16. SigSauerP250C

SigSauerP250C New Member

Awesome.

I saw the 2Sum. What a great deal.. I just bought my Sig yesterday, Compact P250. I am leaving work early to go shoot it... I can not wait. How do you like the DAO?

17. SigSauerP250C

SigSauerP250C New Member

Do you mind me asking where you picked up the tac light?

18. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Howdy!
    Congrats! Have fun, Most people will bag on the long pull of the trigger, I didn't have any issues, Well, Nothing a little practice and focusing couldn't help :D
    I have no issue with the DOA, Ive owned SA/DA Sig's before and the way I see it, Keep your finger off the trigger till its time and you shouldn't have any issues.
    Good luck!

19. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Small but nice update, I located a group buy on the Fire Control Units for the P250, So now I have 2 fully functioning P250's!

There is a slight difference between the two FCU's, They are only about 9K off from each other
    You cant tell, But the hammers are different, My original one on the bottom has a 1 on the side the upper has a 2 on the side as well as a ridge down the back of the hammer, Not to mention the two dimples by the S/N, The hammer pivot pin is a bit different.

[​IMG]

My first FCU on the left, You can see a different slide catch spring and pivot area and tooth.

[​IMG]

Not really a big deal that I can see, But I need to get it to the range to see if it feels the same or not.

20. Westy

Westy New Member

Oo-la-la! Nice! I don't suppose they gave you a "two for the price of one" sale did they?

Nice buy!