Finally some ammo for my cc gun

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Missouribound, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

Today the UPs man arrived with my .380 ammo. I managed to get 250 rounds for about $100 from Cabelas. Loaded up my Bodyguard and headed to the range. (on my property, about 100 yds from the house) Shot a box of 50, no jams, no FTE...every round just as it should be. The only problem I see will be when it comes time to reload. Of the 50, I probably recovered 25 casings. The Bodyguard ejects the cases quite vigorously...out of the range area, over the "brass catcher" we invented. I don't think I've ever seen a pistol eject the casings 15 to 20 feet before...and that' a conservative guess.
    My range is rather narrow, a cut into the woods near my home. 15-20 feet puts the casing into the woods. I guess it's time to buy a large tarp.
    Anyway, the Bodyguard is slick, feels good, recoil in such a light gun is not bad and it feels solid in my hand, despite is small size. I would definitelyl reccommend it for CCW use for anyone. Light and small enough for IWB, small enough for ankle or in a purse for the ladies, or a small fanny back for those inclined to carry that way. And of course, just right for a pocket.:D

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Missouri

You might make you a portable light wood frame with a base plate on each end setting on the ground and one in the middle. You could use sand bags to hold the bases to keep it from blowing over. Then attach a sheet or other light material to the frame. And stand it up beside you when you shoot. Therefore, catching the brass and dropping it down beside your position? Only an idea off the top of my head! Since you advised of the close wooded area. I am experienced with picking up 380 and other small brass even in open grass! LOL! :D

3. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

Thanks Sniper. I think what we will wind up doing is continuing to use our current system, but set up one of those "easy-up" canopies. Whatever doesn't hit the "brass catcher" will at least be deflected within the area.

Attached Files: