Finally Received My CCW Permit!!

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Succinct, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Succinct

Succinct New Member

Finally got my permit from the clerk of courts, already laminated! Woo-hooo!

That's pretty much all I got for now, except to say that I am happy about it, and now I'll be shopping for a suitable holster (the one that came with my XD kind of sucks).

2. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

Dont hurt me. :)
    Congrats. Holster is pretty important. Needs to be hidden and comfy.

S.S.

3. WDB

WDB New Member

Congrats on getting your permit.
    Look at Don Hume, Galico and High Noon for good holsters. IMO leather is the best/comfrontable way to go. A quality holster goes a long way to assist in your ability to carry everytime you leave the house.

4. Succinct

Succinct New Member

Thanks for your input. So I've consolidated the holster receommendations (and each person swears theirs is best):
    - Pager Pal
    - Minotaur MTAC
    - Crossbreed (hand-made, v. similar to MTAC)
    ...and the above (Don Hume, Galico and High Noon).

AFAIK they're all leather-based.

I've spent all my money on guns this year and my wife just had a hemorrhage earlier today when I told her I just ordered another case of 45 ammo. So I don't want to waste $80 at a time trying different holsters. I kindof need to hit this one right the first time (like when I bought my Mossy 500 Tactical).... Can anyone out there make a decent comparison/recommendation of the above holsters? THANKS!

5. tturner226

tturner226 New Member

I don't know about comparisons for those holsters, but if you can find one for your gun made by Brommeland Gun Leather they are phenomenal...but expensive.

6. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Crossbreed good

I just paid for my Crossbreed QuikClip IWB:

QwikClip

Though I haven't used it yet, I really hear good things on other threads about the workmanship and it appears to be a VERY comfortable brand. I decided on this one because it appears much more versatile than the SuperTuck. I'd like to start with only one QUALITY holster that I can shift over to crossdraw for driving.

I hope it comes soon, but I am still in my waiting phase for my CCW.

Carry responsibly...and carry ALWAYS!

7. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Belt

Forgot something major. I also bought the Crossbreed gun belt. Really consider buying a good gunbelt to go with your IWB holster. I will be carrying something a little heavier (though nothing like a SS 1911), so I really want to have a solid belt on which to hang my holster.

8. Kage0113

Kage0113 New Member

Congrats, looking to get mine soon. How long did it take?

9. sausn2002

sausn2002 New Member

My Permit took less than a week after a trip to the Court. I have 4 pistols, and have a holster for each of them (different sizes of pistols, depending on what clothes I'm wearing). My favorite holster is the simple inside the pants holster from Blackhawk. I primarily carry my Glock 27. I like those .40 Caliber rounds. Seems like a good compromise.

10. Defender

Defender New Member

Congratulations! I know you're resting easier. ;)

11. suprdave

suprdave New Member

The crossbreed is awesome. It;s very comfortable, especially if you get horsehide (extra $15). Check mine out on the concealed carry rig thread.

12. TelstaR

TelstaR New Member

I like the (fist k2 high ride)..

13. sausn2002

sausn2002 New Member

Anyone actually wear a shoulder rig? Just wondering. I assume most people wear the inside the pants holster (I do), but does anyone actually wear the rigs that go on the upper body (that probably only work in a suit with a blazer or a winter coat I assume). Besides off-duty cops I mean. Do any regular people do this?

14. WDB

WDB New Member

I carry my S&W M&P 45 in a shoulder rig any time I able to wear a suit, jacket or a loose shirt to cover. It's puts my pistol at a better angle and to ballence it out a double mag pouch on the opposite side. I prefer it as my pistol doesn't dig into me when I set. I got mine is from Highnoon and have to say it is the most comfy way to carry. I do carry ISWB often (Don Hume) wearing tee shirt and no over shirt but when I do it isn't as comfy and I don't carry extra mags.