Finally Ready!!!

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by SwampDonkey, May 31, 2012.

1. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey New Member

After hours and hours of reading, research and figuring out what else I needed. I am very happy to say I have completed reloading my first lot of.45:D

2. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

My first lot was 9mm.

Then I realized it makes more sense to reload rifle than pistol.

Have fun.

3. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

I want to reload so bad, but honestly the idea terrifies me. I don't trust myself not to mess up the math or something and blow my hand off.

4. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco New Member

You should save some big bucks reloading .45, plus after you work up some good loads just for your gun you will improve the accuracy of your shooting.

5. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Welcome to reloading. If you shoot a lot, you will be spending more time at the reloading bench.

I loaded up another 1000 rounds of .45ACP yesterday.

Jim............

6. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

I imagine loading rounds must be a lot like when I bottle my beer. I want to have the end result, but after doing the 20th bottle or so you just want to quit.

7. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Same here. I wanted to reload so bad.. first reason is to learn. But ill just hold it for the time being till we buy our own house. Also having a 2 months baby at home, reloading can wait.

8. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

Mine is 3 months today, dunno where it went but sure is nice to have her sleep through the night.

9. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

So now that you have your .45 reloaded, you should probably send it all to me to test it and make sure it's good to go.

Yeah, I need to start reloading but I don't have the room in my garage with my current workbench/workshop setup.

10. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey New Member

Nukinfuts29 I was super nervous but nothing to be worried about as long as you dont do things half *** and spend the time required to learn.

11. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey New Member

Start looking and picking out know I have been buying tools and supplies over the past year little bit at a time. Reloading is fun and keeps me busy but it is very expensive to get started. As go with all things in life you get what you pay for.

12. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Yes i will. My baby boy consumed all my time already. Once we found our new home, i'd definitely start reloading.

13. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

Congrats on entering the ranks of reloaders. I gotta warn ya though, it can be very addictive. You can spend as much time and money as you have available reloading. It will never get old. There will always be new loads to try.

14. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I enjoy reloading as much as shooting.... Maybe more!

15. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

+1 on that.. I have started to enjoy reloading as much or more than shooting itself. I can do it at home after work and after dark. Plus its good time to relax and wind down, sit in front of the press and crank out fresh ammo :D

16. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

Been reloading for almost 12 years now and am just now getting inrto casting my own bullets.. nothing to be scared about but safety and keeping focused is key. At the orientation session at my new gun club, the fella showed us the results of a double charged 44 mag round. Fella had gotten distracted, through a double charge in a case and when he shot it at the range, it blew his pistol apart putting a nice hole in the tin roofing of the pistol station above where the fella was. He was lucky not to have been injured but it just proves you gotta be aware at all times what you're doing...

17. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

I was a little worried about that when I decided to start reloading a few months ago, but just the opposite happened. I find myself just wishing I had more time to spend loading. It's therapeutic in a weird way. The process is as much fun as the end result. I think maybe it has something to do with knowing that if you get it right you'll have super accurate rounds. And if you get it wrong... well let's not go there. :D