finally made up my mind on the nra

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by JonM, Aug 11, 2012.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

After years of being indecisive on whether i should join the nra or not i decided despite the flaws they have done a decent job nationally even though i disagree with some of the candidates they back overall its a positive.

So when i placed my order with dillon tonite for a few things like their electric case trimmer i added a nra membership to the cart.

So after years of waffling im now an nra member.

2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club. Get ready for some junk email. LOL

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Congratulations. I am still a 'waffler'. :eek:

4. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Good decision John, I've been a member for 17 years and don't regret it. Despite there warts, the NRA is still the best line of defense for our gun right.

Simple fear of our wrath is the only reason were not listening to dip**** libtards coast to coast railing about Aurora.

Those of you still waffling, please reconsider. It's a numbers game and the politicians are listening.

Even the Nevada Scum Bag himself, Dirty Harry Reed, has managed to keep his diseased mouth shut! :D

Tack

PS...Bless your heart Jon!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  5. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

LOL...understatement of the decade. I get a least 2 pieces of mail a week asking for donations for various sub groups like NRA-ILA etc.

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Take the plunge...if you cannot bring yourself to join the NRA check out Gunowners of America...GOA. ;)

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

Dont see that changing much. I already get tons of their junkmail

8. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Since i joined NRA.. i keep eceiving junk mail. And they didnt send me the range bad as promised. Lol

9. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Jon,

I am an NRA Benefactor member after belonging to the NRA for years and even doing weapon presentations at the NRA HQ many times. I will be honest and admit that I certainly do not always agree with all their decisions. But I do not always know all the details! And regarding my favorite basketball team I do not like all the members of the team but I still support the team as a whole for what they represent and what they accomplish! I also realize that with the spin of the anti gun folks they have a tendency to want us to discredit the organization that has led the way to protect our Second Amendment Rights for years. Do not be fooled! Without them we would not have our Second Amendment Rights as we know it today, I assure you! And this NATO issue is not something to be taken lightly! And we must all stand up against this Treaty with every breath we have as will the NRA.
    Like it or not the NRA will be there with us on this issue also as they have many in the past.
    God Bless America!

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Welcome to the NRA. As with other large organizations, there are issues I have problems with, buth overall they do a decent job.

(Ask Bill Clinton)

11. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

Many times, brute force is what's needed to keep our gun rights. And that's where the NRA shines.

12. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Hey I just realized I havent seen mine either. Imagine that! Thats ok. I didnt renew for the bag. I feel that they do about the best job representing us out of anyone.

13. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

With an election coming up, even if you're not a huge fan, you should jump in with an annual membership. Bump up the numbers. If EVERY person that owned a firearm was a member, the politicians would hesitate a lot more before they crapped on us. I wish that every firearm sold since BHO became president had come with a free NRA membership. Think what those numbers would look like.
    If nothing else, the American Rifleman is worth the price of entry.

14. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Overkill,

Can you only imagine if every supporting gun owner would join. Politicians pay attention to numbers! That is all but Obama, Clinton, Reid, Pelosi and Holder. I think Biden is even very aware of the numbers. Keep in mind they want to keep their plush jobs and lavish existence!!! We need to unify. To each his or her own as long as they do not shove it down our throats! But we seen what happened in the recent Chick-Fil-A issue when the folks stuck together and supported the Owners right to freedom of speech. It flat worked and also created the largest sales the company ever had with thousands of people lining up and supporting the owner. The same would definitely apply if we all backed the NRA and came out in major numbers. I really think the majority of Americans is getting real sick and tired of what is going on at the present time!
    God Bless America and let's take it back! And let's protect our Second Amendment Rights for the future. It is under attack for those who have not figured it out! This contrary to popular belief this is not a political statement it is a cold hard fact!
    God Bless America and the true Patriots and Gun Owners here on the FTF! We are also along with the NRA the defenders of the Second Amendment and our Constitutional Rights and Freedom for our following generations. Thanks to all of you for standing up for what is right!

15. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I've been a life member since 1957, and an endowment member since 1974

I don't alwayus agree with their selection of candidates either. But I finally came to realize that the folks they support are pro-gun. Whether they feel pro-gun in their hearts, or whether they're scared to death of the NRA doesn't matter. The way they vote on 2A issues is what matters.

Also, remember the NRA is not a conservative or liberal orgasnization. It's a one issue. pro-gun oprganizarion. And therein lies it'
    s strength.

Welcome to the club, Jon!:)

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

the thing that really tipped me over the top was romney picking ryan as VP. this means that we need all the firepower against gungrabbers as we can get. romney and ryan both arent the best on gun issues, but with something as large as the nra they can be swayed to the constitutional side of a decision. with that pick it means that possibly 16 more years before we can get a solid pro-2A candidate in office...

17. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the group. I too struggle with some of their candidates. I also will tell you that there will be plenty of junk mail, and phone calls for donations. They also will start mailing you requests for next year in about two weeks.

By and large, as a one issue group, they do a good job.

18. vincent

vincent New Member

Neither did I so I called them about it...

The woman I spoke with said they had been absolutely inundated with processing new/re-new memberships that they have pretty much run out of the freebies. She said I will get one, just going to take more than twice as long as the promised 6-8 week delivery. (She really did sound frazzled on the phone bless her heart...)

I can wait...:cool:

19. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I bet its made in China like the hat that I got. Not only is it Chinese, but the American flag on the band is backwards. I really don't believe that there is not a single American hat company out there that can compete with the to provide the NRA with some Made In America hats!

Seriously NRA, that is a big deal to many of us. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012