finally made it out.....

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by mountainman13, Sep 10, 2013.

1. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

To shoot the colt. Gun functions flawlessly and I was impressed with accuracy. Although it hits about 6" high at 25 yards I was still able to kill clay pigeons. I'm more than happy with my detective special. The Polish job I did on it worked out wonderfully if I don't say so myself. I definitely won't be using it as carry gun with the holster I have now. It has no trigger guard coverage. Not a holster I would ever buy but it came with the gun.

Attached Files:

2. rurak

rurak New Member

Nice looking wheelgun

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Thanks. Damn things been sitting in the safe since I got it. I happened to be in ayer so I hit blue northern and they had 2 boxes of ammo. Lol

4. rurak

rurak New Member

Nice. I like surprise range trips...... blows off some steam

5. JW357

JW357 New Member

Nice gun. Congrats on getting to shoot it.

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yeah Aside from the rain it was Nice.

7. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

That's a great looking Colt,glad to hear you were finally able to give it a workout!

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

It sure is a beautiful revolver. I wouldn't mind owning a Colt Detective Special.

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Many revolvers shoot high with low velocity, heavy bullet loads. Try it with a light fast load and you will likely see a difference.

The other issue is back in the day, a 6 o'clock hold was normal. The gun may well have been set up with this technique in mind

10. Mongo

Mongo Active Member Supporter

There is an ammunition that is loaded for the 38 special with the short barrel. I shot all of mine and haven't found any more of it. I will check with my sister who bought 500 Rounds for her lady smith. She may have some left and give me the brand and item number.