Finally joined the club

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by purehavoc, Aug 6, 2013.

1. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I know I paid to much for it , but I have wanted a AK for a long long time , I have other stuff that shoots the 7.62 x 39 but never had a AK . I wanted a underfolder and this one popped up locally , it came with 3 mags, bayonet and 150 rds . $600 and was about $100 more than I wanted to pay but the underfolder is bringing far more than that out in the market right now anyway . They say they are only worth what ever someone is willing to pay and I was willing to give that for it s, So I guess it was worth it to me :D
    Someone want to tell me more about this particular rifle ? It runs good by the way and the trigger says tapco on it and its far nicer and lighter 3# , than all my mil spec AR triggers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Congrats. Not sure what you would want to know about it. All the info is right on the gun. Lol

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I would like to know the manufacture date , I dont believe its is 1971 but I could be wrong , I know some of those codes are for different plants , but I cant find a good source for the Yugo date codes

4. therewolf

therewolf New Member

IT's a WASR GP 10/63 AKMS(Underfolder)

Built by Cugir, in Bucharest, Rumania-

The triangle with arrow is a Romanian stamp. Not to be

confused with Izhevsk,CCCP.

Cugir, is apparently now a part of RATMIL-

Regia Autonoma de Technica Militaria.

Tapco triggers and mags are good.

An underfolder.

For 600$.

Not too shabby. I saw one similar to

it, last week, for 850$, at a large LGS.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  5. FL-panhandle

FL-panhandle New Member

Sweet!!! I want one bad. $600 don't think that's bad at all.

6. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Very nice, indeed!

$600 does not seem bad....wish I had a folder and not the sporter!

7. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

600 for an under folder is not bad. I paid 500 for a Yugo M70 under folder before the crazy hit the fan. Like you I really wanted an under folder for some reason though to be honest I can't remember why now. I see them sell for over 600 all the time around here and in the gun trader sites.

I really like mine and wouldn't part with it. Great find :)

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Thanks guys , I know from shopping around that the price was not a issue . Any idea on dating this thing ?

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

It came with 2 steel mags and a Tapco mag . The trigger really makes this rifle more appealing , I have fired a few others and the triggers always seem like they were full of sand , this one is super smooth and very light

10. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Sorry, google ain't treating me right on the dating

information. It doesn't help that I'm drooling all

over the keyboard, to start with.

11. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the dark side, Comrade.

An underfolder for your first AK? You must be a glutton for punishment. Might want some paracord on your stock unless you enjoy the pain.

12. sunsoutgunsout

sunsoutgunsout New Member

Paracord.. Great idea! Don't own an underfold stock but definately will take that advice when I do!

13. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have always been pretty proficient field stripping the AR 15 in roughly 45-50 seconds for tear down and put back together . I really haven't had much practice with the AK but Kalashnikov designed this thing to be so simple . Little more messing around with it and it could be done in 20 seconds for stripping down and putting back together
    I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that are capable of that . I didnt remove the cleaning rod, I didnt know that was part of field stripping it .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dee5VCf7TE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  14. KAPRAL-POLAND

KAPRAL-POLAND New Member

My field stripping of an AKMS record was 8.5 sec.
    Including: cleaning rod, gas tube, mag and other removeable parts.
    I'm not sure now but it could be with bore check also.

15. therewolf

therewolf New Member

How fast can you field strip it, under pursuit, going down a

trail in the woods?

Ultimately, you trade accuracy for the fact

this is likely one of the best rifles in the world for an extended

operation in the bush.

16. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

AK's have slim barrels and they heat up quickly but my WASR GP 10/63 will put the first 3/4 into 1 1/2" once it get hot it opens to 3" sometimes a little more.
    You do not want to give me the fist shot out to 300 yards. They were never intended to be sniper rifles but they are great battle rifles ask any Vietnam vet.

17. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

That's what they made the Dragunov for . That one is on my list of must haves and its near the top of that list. Hope to have saved enough by December to get one bought with the 6x factory scope

18. KAPRAL-POLAND

KAPRAL-POLAND New Member

The basic SWD scope is PSO-1 and it has 4x magnification.
    They are now newer versions of PSO-1 like: PSO-1M, PSO-1-1, PSO-1M2, PSO-1M2-1, PSO-1M2-01, PSO-1M2-02.

There is also a version of PSO-1 for AKM rifles with side rail but they don't have stadiametric rangefinder.
    I had one borrowed from my friend. It is useful but I prefer red dot with/without magnifier.

19. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I want to make sure the scope I get has the range finder in it . IS the 6X one of the newer ones without the range finder ? I have lots of firearms on my collection list and this one is very near the top , Im finding a few available but What is a decent price at todays value ? I know they vary from $1000-$4000 depending on where they made