Finally had to put it down!

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by dango, Feb 22, 2012.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

About 40 years ago,I started my quest for skill in the oriental weapons field.I'd been into martial arts for 3 years and just wanted to extend my reach a bit. What better weapon than the sword?In the forty years I have had many names,Katana,the Samurai.Over the edge,over the hill,etc..
    Just awhile back I had some injuries that have made it time to lie the sword to rest.It's been loyal and fullfilling.The end of the Samurai!

2. dango

What,no one got nothin to say ? This ain't a sob story,it's a rebirthing,hell I ain't dead yet. Still a formidable old fart.:D

3. scottybaccus

scottybaccus New Member

I guess there aren't many blade fans around here.

I'm no swordsman, but I can relate to your predicament. I used to be quite sharp in drag racing, and even a fair competitive shooter, but bad joints, changes in muscle tone and eyesight have pushed be to the back of the line. What I am good at is leading the troops. I'm finally as wise as I thought I was at 18. I finally have the experience I thought I had at 25. I am absolutely more cunning and evil than my younger self could have ever imagined! These days, i thrive on showing the youngsters how it's done, then watching them do it well.

4. earl1412

earl1412 New Member

I agree with scottybaccus, I'm way more cunning and much more subtle than when I was 20 something. Just wish I could remember it all!:p

5. orangello

orangello New Member

6. dango

Sir you humble me,a teacher and a hero . In teaching , you save lives and teach people coping skills witch have taken you a life time,I bow to you!

John Force , one of my heros.

7. dango

So many years and mistakes ago,I'm also better than ever.:D

8. dango

Got really good news today . I went to see new doctor because I did not have a lot of faith in old doctor. I brought my Katana with me and told him about the 40 years . He agreed and said becarefull ,slow and easy. When I get rid of some rust I will post video ! Happy , happy !

9. dango

Just came in the house and layed the sword to rest for tonite. Did some simple kata and not feelin to bad , in the morning , I'll see how I feel and take it from there. I was wrong , Old Samurai never die we just smellmthat way !:D

10. dango

Just came in the house and layed the sword to rest for tonite. Did some simple kata and not feelin to bad , in the morning , I'll see how I feel and take it from there. I was wrong , Old Samurai never die we just smell that way !:D

11. dango

In the next week or two , I'm going to post a video of me with Katana , you've know idea how happy that make's me!

The old Samurai is back and getting better everyday just older !

12. dango

I know everybody out there is on the edge of there seats waiting for the latest up-date on my progress , yes , let me bore you even more. I seem to be haveing a minor problem with missing digtits on left hand,everything feels a little different but nothing I can't over come.When I am ready , I will post a little teaser video of me with my Katana , you have no choice ,I will bore you even more!

13. goretro77

goretro77 New Member

Lets see it dango! Video please!

14. dango

I need a little more. I was down for many months and a lot of my body parts are not a 100% yet but man I'm moveing really good , even much better than doctors thought I would .Give me two weeks and i will do some flash.
    You have know idea how happy these little things make me .They said I might be paralzed from the neck down. What do doctors know , I'm Polish and stuborn as hell ! Heck , give me another week and I'll do the Funcky-Chicken for you.