Finally got the Lil' Woman to the range

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by yesicarry, Apr 20, 2010.

1. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

I tell ya what, My woman can shoot better than most I know. First was the M4. All hits on target at 25 yds.. Not just paper but target. Little low but this was basically a trip to learn the firearm. Not accuracy. But she still blew my mind. First time with anything bigger than my 10/22.
    Then to the pistol range. First time with her pistol. PT111 Pro.. Which she lets me carry everyday..And has yet to shoot it.. MY BAD I know !!.. Holy Moly.. Within the first mag. she planted one in the bull.. Then paid attention to grip, supporting hand placement and stance. More shots in the bull..

I have gotta be the most proud husband/daddy right now..

Our 3 yr. old was an angel. The "RED LINE" during a cold range was observed at all times. What is really cool,.. My Daughter sees that Mommy can shoot too and is for girls too.. I am blessed.

Attached Files:

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Great stuff! Cutie pie daughter too.

3. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

then the 9mm

Isn't the little snarl look cute ?.. She's gonna kill me for posting that one. But hey, with results like that at 21 feet, first time.. She can make any face she wants to !!.. That's my girl..

Attached Files:

4. CA357

That's minute of bad guy all day. :cool:

5. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

Thanks CA357.. Dont let her fool you.. Her nickname is TORNADO..

Tornado is for my daughter. Just to be clear.. Mom's is Hurricane..

I hope Hurricane doesn't read this...hehe...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Great times and great shooting. She should have no problem defending the homefront!

7. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

That was some good pistol shooting.

8. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Your wife did really good for the first time out. It looks like everyone had a good range day.

9. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Looks like a ton of fun. Sure wish my weather looked like yours. Probably be another month before me and the wife get out shooting. Thanks for the great post.

10. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

Now that she's been to the range . . . . wait till SHE starts buying guns.:eek:

Congrats though. Nothing like getting the whole family involved. Pass on our support and excellent job to your better half as well.

11. Car54

Car54 New Member

What a nice day. Time with the family, the waft of gunpowder in the air, and many holes in the targets. Good job, and good pics.

12. utf59

utf59 New Member

Now that she's fired her gun, what are you going to carry? :confused:

13. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

A .45ACP.. Brand to be determined. Hopefully today at the GS..

But like the comments above said, she's doing very well at pistol shooting. Now with some more practice, I can stand beside her and fend off zombies.

14. signofbarsoom

signofbarsoom New Member

Ah, now we see your wicked plan! Wanted a new gun so get the lady of the house into shooting. Devious!

Just kidding! I love taking my lady shooting. She has great aim too.

15. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

Very nice shooting she did a great job!!! Your daughter is georgous:)

16. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

That's some good shooting and some great time with the family.

17. CA357

So...did you get a .45?

18. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Heck yeah, thats what its all about! Nothing better than spending your day with your family and your guns!

Great shooting Hurricane!

19. moshpit

moshpit New Member

Thumbs up!

I'm pretty excited to get my wife out to the ranges coming up very soon. And my eldest daughter will get to participate since she's 17 now and can responsibly learn how to shoot. My youngest daughter is 7 and will have to remain behind the red line still, but wants to be there anyway just to see.

I say kudos to ya for making it a family thing. Families that shoot together, survive together. (okay, I made that crap up, I don't know if it has any bearing on reality, but sounded REALLY good when it went through my head :p )

20. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

What is the reason for this, my son is 7 and he shoots at the range with me all the time?

He knows the rules and follows them. Don't make the child what to enjoy a day at the range shooting.
    If that range doesn't allow it, I would find another.