finally got some pics

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by shawng, Apr 27, 2010.

1. shawng

shawng New Member

here are the pics of the revolver that i need some help with. it is a retolaza and arizmendi any help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Don't know anything about that particular company, but it looks remarkably like my Dad's old S&W Model 10.

3. shawng

shawng New Member

I was thinking the same thing. The only info I could find out about the company is that they were one of the first producers of the semi auto handgun but nothing about the revolvers they made.

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The Spanish were renowned for making near copies of many pistols. The quality ranges from very good to very bad. Haven't heard of this company but I did notice "Eibar, Spain" on the barrel and this is where Star's were made...

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

It looks like a Spanish copy of a Dan Wesson.

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I found some references to Retolaza Hermanos (Brothers) in Eibar. The Eibar region of Spain is well known for the cottage firearms industry. Many, many copies of US and European firearms were made there for many years. The quality ranged from dangerous to pretty darn good. Have it checked by a competant gunsmith before firing and stick to light loads if it checks out OK.