Finally got my Glock G17

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by LittleByrd97, Dec 24, 2013.

1. LittleByrd97

LittleByrd97 New Member

I picked it up today at my lgs. I was able to snag 100 rounds of generic 9mm 124gr FMJ's for $30. I also picked up 25 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense in 115gr for $20. I hope to go to the range after the new year and test it out. I know I should already have this, but what all do I need for gun cleaning in general, and what should I buy for my Glock (internally and externally)

2. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

A basic pistol cleaning kit should work just fine. You can some for under $10.

One thing, you don't want to use too much oil, lube etc.

And watch this video: [ame]http://youtu.be/DZf4mUM10Vc[/ame]

3. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

1.Solvent 2.Patches 3.Firm toothbrush 4.Bronze 9mm brush heads (you have the cleaning rod) 5.Oil 6.Canned air (optional but very helpful) 7.White cotton rags

Keep it simple. You have a polygonal barrel, they are much easier to clean, as long as you don't shoot cast lead bullets.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Don't shoot cast lead in a factory Glock barrel.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

5. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

I put two 17 round magazines (plus one in the gun) and two 33 round magazines in the Glock case. Perfect fit. Load them up and you are ready to go shooting.

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Not a bad price at all. I paid more for my Gen 2 (Massachusetts ).

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

7. arashid630

arashid630 New Member

Speaking of G17 everyone is telling me to go with the M&P around here and I'm torn between the 2 deep inside I want the Glock but I own a few other firearms by S&W so I know what they do. Anything you guys wanna say to help me make this decision? Thanks in advance

8. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Get the G17, I have no regrets about owning Glocks.

9. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Yes, try and handle both, side by side if possible. 1)The Glock has a trigger release tab, and the M&P has an articulated trigger link, same idea but executed differently. Dry fire both. 2)Note the grip angle, and how comfortable it sits in your hand. 3)Note the sight picture.

Renting and shooting both would be ideal. The decision is between you and these guns, nobody else can prescribe you the right one.

10. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Pick the one that fits you best. Both are good guns.

11. arashid630

arashid630 New Member

That's what I was thinking shooting the M&P won't be an issue as I have friends that own them now I just gotta find a place the rents Glocks

12. LittleByrd97

LittleByrd97 New Member