Firearms Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many weeks of hunting, I have found a SKS of my liking. I'm picking it up Saturday, it's a Chinese (probably norinco he didn't say) spike bayonet model. It has the sling, bayonet, and cleaning kit. Not bad for $200? What do yall think?

Wood Air gun Shotgun Floor Wood stain

Attachments

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah best I've seen in a long time, the tough part now is finding a place that isn't out of 7.62x39

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah hopefully Walmart has some but my Walmart was completely sold out of .22 and smaller calibers all they had was some .40, .30-06 and .45

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
Can't go wrong for that price. Although, the Russians never found them satisfactory which is why they adopted the more accurate AK so quickly...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzDCH_MGQXI[/ame]

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hahaha Monty Python never fails to crack me up.. Especially the quest for the holy grail

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But is there anything I need to know about the sks? Anything special I need to do?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mongo43 said:
Just feed it plenty of ammo. Keep it clean. And throw a bit of Vodka on it once in awhile so it makes it feel at home.J/K

Everything you will ever want to learn can be found on survivor's sks boards
Ok thanks, as far as I know, it's a military type 56, not one made just for export which is a huge plus to me

·
Registered
203 Posts
My local LGS has a lot of Tula steel cased 7.62x39. I think just walmarts are out of ammo.
What I've seen is stuff comes in the store, and goes right out again.

I was just lucky enough to walk into SWH after they got a shipment. Grabbed, literally, a box of 350 9mm for $100.

This happened in 2008 also.... so, I started stocking up this year.... just buy when I can.

I also have a 270 , 7mm and 2 shotguns. I can still find ammo for those.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't pick it up today, the guys wife went into labor last night so it's postponed until next week, but all is well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.