Finally finished my rifle

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by ClemsonSCJ, May 15, 2013.

1. ClemsonSCJ

ClemsonSCJ New Member

So my Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD in .308 is finally finished with all it's upgrades and custom paint jobs. It's got an HS Precision stock in olive/black web, a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40 scope, and I don't remember what trigger I got, but it's adjusted down to about a pound and a half. The barrel and scope and all other tan accessories were duracoated in flat tactical tan. Everything else was duracoated in flat tactical od green and then everything was webbed (except the stock because it was already webbed). And here's what that final product looks like...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I also painted and webbed the bolt...
    [​IMG]

2. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Looks sweet, how's she shoot?

3. ClemsonSCJ

ClemsonSCJ New Member

I actually haven't gotten to shoot it since I got the new stock and latest duracoat job (it's only been done about a month) because I've been too busy with school, but as soon as I get some time this summer I'll let you know. But with the factory stock it was awesome, so I would imagine its going to be even better with the HS.

4. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Your rifle looks great,nice job! :cool:

5. duddie10

duddie10 New Member

BA real BA!!!! CUDOS

6. kingrider

kingrider New Member

Nice! Did you paint it yourself?

7. hareebrownbeest

hareebrownbeest New Member

That's a serious tool right there, nice job

8. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Very nice boomstick!

9. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Now thats a rifle!!! Nice job! Love the 308

10. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Finally a nice "tactical" gun!

Most "tacticool" guns look like crap, but I like this one!

11. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Finally a nice "tactical" gun!
    Most "tacticool" guns look like crap, but I like this one!

12. ClemsonSCJ

ClemsonSCJ New Member

No a buddy of mine does duracoating on the side. I picked out the color and he painted it for me. I did the webbing though. It's just some "webbing spray" you get from Michaels but its super durable. I've done my Walther PPS to match and it has held up very well. Everything that's OD green (other than the stock and sling) I did paint with the duracoat shake n' spray kit, as well as my Walther frame. It turned our quite nicely.

image-3058076064.jpg

13. ClemsonSCJ

ClemsonSCJ New Member

Thanks for all the comments guys. Other than the strip of numbers around the zoom knob on the scope and the butt stock pad, there is nothing left unpainted and unwebbed on the entire rifle. My next plan for it is to get a can and paint to match. And even though I don't even have the can yet, I'm already debating whether it should be painted the same color as the barrel, or if it should match the stock. I like contrasting accent pieces but I'm afraid doing a suppressor in OD green might get to be a bit much. What are your thoughts?

14. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I would say match the suppressor and barrel, i think it would be weird with a big hunk of green stickin' out the end of your tan barrel.

15. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I'm actually doing my SPS Tactical in a similar way, save for the colors. Nice rifle

16. ClemsonSCJ

ClemsonSCJ New Member

Agreed. I mean I don't think it would look THAT bad with a green suppressor, but tan would probably come together a little better.

17. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Very nice outcome(s).

18. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Nice !....................

19. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

I'm impressed. Didn't really know you could paint guns. Is the barrel rattle can paint?

20. ClemsonSCJ

ClemsonSCJ New Member

The only thing that wasn't painted was the stock. If its tan or OD green then it was duracoated.