Finally...done!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by safedman, Feb 6, 2011.

1. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Cool on the builds. Please tell us some of the details and give us a range report.

2. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Very cool!! I second the request for details and a range report.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations. We need details man, details.

4. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Nice rifles safedman.

Posted my pics in the wrong thread.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  5. MrMilspecer

MrMilspecer New Member

Some nice looking ARs you have there. Yes range reports are in order. And specs :)

6. Atrawick

Atrawick New Member

Looks Good!! What caliber?

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Thanks for the prons ... now give us the details! ;)

8. safedman

safedman New Member

Details will be coming soon. Range report as soon as the weather stays above zero!
    Thanks for the cudos!
    OH!! Left is the S&W M&P 15-22, right Bushmaster A3 in 5.56

9. vjf915

vjf915 New Member

The 15-22......why does it have both an AFG and VFG? And why a front site but no rear site? I'm just pondering here. I used to have a 15-22 and loved it. I just see some things that don't make sense.

10. safedman

safedman New Member

When I am shooting small targets I use the rear AFG. I think it allows me a tighter grip with more control. When shooting larger targets on the move I like the VFG. Weird I know...but hey WTH?
    The rear peep set is mounted forward on the right side rail. Scope goes to crap, I can swap scope for rear site and keep playing. It was suggested to slide the scope froward, re-set rear site group and co-witness. But I have not tried that yet. When warmer weather sets in I will try it.

The 15-22 is more than accurate enough and it is by far the most fun 22 I have had. I built a nice Ruger 10/22 to national match standards. it will light a strike anywhere match but is not fun to run and shoot with.

11. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Nice rifles... And what do you mean when it gets warm ?? its been like 30 deg here the last few days :p

12. safedman

safedman New Member

LOL!! 30 degrees is Bar-B-Q temps. I am soooo looking forward for the cold snap to break. Was 9 below this morning. I can shoot in that weather but after 30 minutes it gets hard to load the magazine. ;)

13. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Have you tried gripping as far out on the hand guard w/ a thumb over grip? After a few minutes of discomfort it turned out to be very sturdy and controllable.

14. safedman

safedman New Member

Mjkeat
    I have not tried that. What I like about this site is the suggestions we recieve. I am going to try that it makes scense that is would be better control holding that way.
    Like pointing the elbows outward rather than downward when shooting a pistol. That took some practice but my 40 hardley lifts off target and follow up shots are instantanious.
    Thanks for the suggestion

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  15. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Not a problem. I was a mag well holder throughout my time in the Army. Wish I would have known better back then.