Finally applied for my 03 ffl

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by pagj17, May 27, 2011.

1. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Turned 21 months ago and I kept putting off filling out the application. i mailed it in Monday, and they Charged my card this morning:) Hopefully, in a couple of weeks, I'll be getting discounts and what not.
    Anybody have some recommended stores to order Mosin rifles and the like that offers discounts? eventually I would like to have.... quite a few various rifles:)

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

There are several places you want to send a copy of your FFL (when you get it, DO NOT SIGN IT- make copies, sign as you need them) Numrich and Brownells will give you discount. J&G Sales is a good one. Southern Ohio Gun is not as good as they useta be, but worth getting on their list.

3. KeithB

KeithB New Member

Congrats, enjoy :D

4. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

This whole waiting thing sure sucks though. I don't know how you did it Mr. Keith. As soon as that sucker comes in I'm picking up a 91/30 Mosin and a Finn M39.

5. KeithB

KeithB New Member

Yeah, was only 3 months 6 days for the 01 :)

6. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

And it's in! Payday's Thursday, God save us.

7. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

i thought you had to have a storefront to get an ffl now.

google sog (southern ohio guns) or century arms

8. EiteCombat

EiteCombat New Member

Well an 03 is just a C&R. And I believe you can still get an 01 with a home based business. At least I hope so. I want to get mine soon, I already have my 03.

9. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

sorry, i thought you were speaking of a dealer license.

10. c3shooter

Sniper- misconception that gets spread by folks that have never done it. There are 7 diferent FFLs- Dealer is an 01. You must have a business premises to be a dealer- does not have to be a storefront. I do business with four of them that have their business in their home.

However, you MUST comply with all State and Local laws. Does zoning allow you to have a home based business? Got a business license? Secure storage? Sales tax ID? etc etc etc. You must have those things squared away before the BATFE will issue you a license as a Dealer.

But as noted, the OP was speaking of his 03 C&R FFL- a Collector's license. Much simpler, it is NOT for being in the business of buying and selling guns, but to aid in collecting. If you are a gun buff, most fun you will have for $30 that does not entail risk of catching something.

11. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

i havnt kept up wth it. i got my dealer license 20 years ago. business wasnt required. i got it as a homebased gunsmith.

12. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Well, on my next ammo purchase alone, (going with a good bit of black hills for longer distance practice and wolf for close up paper burnin') i'll pay off my c&r and I just mailed payment and ffl to pat burns which, because no one local carries m39s, will give me a 300% return on the license, what with around 25 dollars of transfer plus 8 percent tax. Bleh. I definitely owe the forum in general and C3 in particular quite the debt of gratitude, for if it wasn't for the forum, it might have been quite a while before I picked up on the C&r thing.
    So C3, when are you planning on selling one of them there M1 carbines lol. Kiddin'
    SOG has them for 695 right now but they're apparently not willing to ship them to Kommiefornia(15 round mag) so when I save up the money for one I'll contact them to see if they'll just pop the mag out and ship it haha.

13. c3shooter

Congrats on getting your 03. Be sure that you set up your "bound book" of acquistions and Dispositions. Prepare to be broke. I got addicted to Mossberg 22 rifles from the 1950s, and the damned things keep following me home.

As far as selling one of my carbines......

SELL one of my CHILDREN ?!?!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

14. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

pag, its not the mag that prohibits the gun. its the "capability" of the gun being a magazine fed firearm capable of accepting high capacity magazines

15. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

In california the capibility isn't banned the magazine is. Much like a Beretta (spelling?) Is capable of holding 15 rounds, you can only use 10 round magazines. The M1 carbine is actually perfect for California's laws because it's a fixed stock rifle with no flashhider or "pistolgrip"

16. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

ok, i stand corrected. im not a californian

17. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Yeah... California is... an interesting place:/ And as Bob Dylan once said.... "Times, they are a-changing" Right now gun rights are being pushed both ways, mostly to the negative but The Nra's fighting the good fight this time around:)
    And be glad 7.62, be glad. To steal from blazing saddles somewhat... I was born here, and I was raised here, but there ain't no way I'm going to die here.:)