finally... an m&p shield 9!

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by Krisms, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Krisms

Krisms New Member

after a looong wait and almost checking daily on all the lgs in town i finally got the m&p shield 9mm. shooters in jax, fl is the only one that has it in stock for $449. heads up for those in the jax area...

2. TX45

TX45 New Member

Congrats! I love to have the Shield 9mm, too!

3. clearsights

clearsights New Member

Enjoy! The first time I took my wife to the range with mine her first words were...
    I want one!

4. Krisms

Krisms New Member

pretty funny, my wife isn't into guns but when she held the shield she told me to make sure to bring her to the range so she can try it.

5. sirbergersworth

sirbergersworth New Member

My wife isn't into guns but enjoys shooting my 9shield also. She has trouble with racking the first round. That is her only complaint. I am considering a M&P9 full size for us to shoot at the range. I would assume the slide on a full size is a bit easier to operate compared to a shield. My only other handgun is a M&P22 and that racks super easy of course.

image-534629353.jpg

6. clearsights

clearsights New Member

My wife had issues at first but worked on her two handed push/pull technique and has no problems with it anymore.

7. Krisms

Krisms New Member

went to the range and fired a few rounds of aguila 124gr 9mm. i may have limp wristed that's why i got this stovepipe. other than that it went flawless.

Attached Files:

8. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I have ran 200 rounds through mine out of the box and had no issues. :)

9. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

I bought three and have sold one and gave one to my wife. The last one I am leaning towards keeping...after shooting my wife's I am hooked!

10. rurak

rurak New Member

Im taking a small portion of my tax return and getting one in 9mm with a holster ...... cant wait!

11. collegekid20

collegekid20 New Member

love the Shield. Me and a buddy took our girlfriends to the range and rented a few handguns for them to try out as their looking for carry pistols. I took my xd9 service and he took his glock 17 duty pistol (local deputy). Out of all the pistols we shot my girlfriend loved the M&P shield in 9mm. I put 2 mags through it and it shot flawlessly and very accurate. We used Speer Lawman and Winchester white box and it was a great little pistol. Now we just have to wait for her tax return and to find one. They seem to be very rare in northern Va. I might even buy one when they become more available.

12. gunownerz

gunownerz New Member

Congrats on the purchase! I'm still on the hunt for one here in Tennessee. I can't justify paying $650 for one on gunbroker

13. Krisms

Krisms New Member

$650??? wow that's quite a rip-off.

14. ccrape

ccrape New Member

Agreed just wait it out if u want one that bad or look for alternatives like the pps 9mm

15. scrops

scrops New Member

For those close enough Lawmen's Safety Supply in Raleigh, NC is still taking orders for 9mm shields for $325.00. You'll wait for it (I waited 3 months) but it was worth it.