Finally a viable presidential candidate

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Chester, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Chester

Chester New Member

Ron Paul, I've been looking at his views, He seems to be the only one who wants to keep America free, A true conservative take a look for yourself.:D

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

Mrs. Chester says he has no chance, If the good people will get behind him he can win, If the good people stand back and say he has no chance (vote for the popular candidate) then and only then he has no chance.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  2. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

He isn't a viable candidate anymore. McCain has the required number of delegates to go on the ballot. Haven't you seen the news in the past 6 months?

Mad Max Rieske is still on the Libertarian ballot though, you might want to check out his views: http://www.madmaxforpresident.com/

3. bkt

bkt New Member

Feel free to write in Ron Paul or anyone else you think is better-suited to hold the office than McCain or Clinton/Obama.

4. fapprez

fapprez New Member

I voted to get Paul on the ballot as did most of the rest of my family. We all know how that turned out. I don't think a write in has ever won?

5. Chester

Chester New Member

Sorry I didn't know

6. fluffo63

fluffo63 New Member

7. bkt

bkt New Member

It's not about voting for the "winner" but about voting according to your principles.

Too many people who call themselves conservatives will cast their vote, once again, for the lesser of two evils: John McCain. McCain is no conservative. As long as the electorate continues to compromise, we will get what we deserve.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." —John Quincy Adams

I resolved to never again vote for the lesser of two evils. Hopefully, others will do likewise.

8. fapprez

fapprez New Member

Ha, I never said I wasn't still going to vote for him, I simply stated that I don't think a write in has ever won. I can't believe that with all the die hard Paul fans, that he didn't "Make the Cut", for lack of a better phrase. I mean, I don't recall hardly a single news clip that didn't have "Google Ron Paul" in some form or another in the background:)

9. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

I've written in my dog before, because I thought he could do a better job than any of the other candidates.

10. BLS33

BLS33 New Member Supporter

I agree 100% with you. It seems like all of the talk radio guys are encouraging "strategic" voting instead of principle based voting, it is a shame.