Final Build

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Silvertip 44, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Silvertip 44

Silvertip 44 New Member

Well, here is my final build. It is a new Marlin .44 Mag carbine. I have always wanted a pistol caliber lever carbine to compliment my revolvers.
    It is topped with a Leupold VX-R 1-4X20 with firedot reticle. The heavy Marlin trigger was replaced with a Wild West one piece that drastically improved trigger pull. It groups into 1 1/2 minutes at 100 yards so should be a good deer thumper.
    I raised the comb to give me perfect scope acquisition and natural point of aim. The scope is a little higher than I wanted but it gives me plenty of room to pull the hammer with my gloved nub of a right thumb.
    I made the sling from a piece of 1" nylon strap with slider to further reduce weight. This should be a good combo for hunting small tree stands in the thick Georgia woods.

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      30.6 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      33 KB
      Views:
  2. randy420

randy420 New Member

Welcome to the Marlin club. Mine is basically a .41 magnum carbine version of yours. Mine loves the 230 grain hsm bear loads.

ForumRunner_20130820_215505.jpg

3. Silvertip 44

Silvertip 44 New Member

That's a nice one randy. I used to have a .41 mag Blackhawk that I shouldn't have sold. It would have given me another opportunity for another lever gun.
    Sold two Blackhawks--bad mistake.

4. DavidB

DavidB New Member

If you want to lower the scope, google DNZ scope mounts. Their line of "game reaper" mounts are great. Nice setup BTW.