Fiber optic sight

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by nbholifield, Sep 16, 2013.

1. nbholifield

nbholifield New Member

Does anyone know what size fiber optic sight goes on the front of a Taurus Judge Poly frame??

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

The one that is the same height as the current sight. Where did you find fiber optics for it?

3. nbholifield

nbholifield New Member

I need diameter of fiber optic sight pin. Came on the pistol from the factory

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Call Taurus or measure the broken one.

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

They are a pain in the ass to replace. You have to heat the rod without scorching it to form the bubbles that hold it in place.

6. bbertram

bbertram New Member

I drilled out the ends of the sight, so the rod would pass right thru. Then it's easy to form the rod with a small torch, one end at a time.

7. nbholifield

nbholifield New Member

Thanks!! I'll give it a try

8. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

An easy way to do it is by holding a soldering iron tip a hair away from the filament tip, until it starts melting. Or just touch it up (the soldering tip must be free of any residue)

9. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

A tiny dab of clear epoxy holds the rods good also.

10. bbertram

bbertram New Member

Bear in mind that the larger the bubble you form on the inside of the sight, the larger the illuminated dot. :) I make a small bubble on a range pistol and a larger bubble on a carry pistol, as a quick acquisiton aid ( my poor old eyes !) :)