FFL & my wife

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by DogLegArms, Jun 16, 2011.

1. DogLegArms

DogLegArms New Member

Hello all, I'm applying for my FFL next week. I have my business license and zoning approved and my LLC. I'm just wondering if I should include my wife on the FFL application in the event I'm out of town she can do transfers. Any down sides to this? And will the BATFE IOI have to interview her as well?

2. wolfejp

wolfejp New Member

My wife and I just got done with the interview process. I included her for the same reason. Make sure she is listed on all the paperwork, and she is there for the interview.

Good Luck.

3. KeithB

KeithB New Member

Not a bad idea, but she does not have to be on the FFL to do transfers. But she will have to do a form for the FBI for NICS.

4. DogLegArms

DogLegArms New Member

Is this because she would be an employee or business partner?

5. KeithB

KeithB New Member

Employee, but either way she would do a NICS form

6. mdnelson1234

mdnelson1234 New Member

*****es and Ho's

Do not include your wife on any paperwork of any kind. Do not include her on any financial documents, bank accounts, credit cards, etc.

50% of you know what I mean.

7. Rarity

Rarity New Member

Good luck,
    DogLegArms.

We hope everything is going well over there!

8. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

Spoken like a married/divorced man.

9. Lawmaker

Lawmaker New Member

Good point on the 50/50. Why don't you hold the actual transfers until you are back in town. My dealer has his secretary do all the paper work with me. I only see him when he hands me the item.

10. DogLegArms

DogLegArms New Member

I ended up leaving her off. I don't want people coming over when I'm out of town anyway.

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Though I believe that just the fact that you are married makes him/her 50% of any holdings/debt of any sort.

*one of the 50%* :(

12. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

My wife has always said, "what's mine is hers & what's hers is hers". :p

13. Rarity

Rarity New Member

Your post title proves that nobody should be taking your advice in the first place~

14. Ilv4xn

Ilv4xn New Member

It dose not matter if she is on the FFL or not. She can still do transfers as an "employee" it only matters when the ATF comes over they won't giver her the final results of an audit. She can still be there if you are not but they won't give her the final report.

15. DogLegArms

DogLegArms New Member

I had my meeting with the IOI today, super nice man. I was approved for my 01 FFL!

16. Rarity

Rarity New Member

Congratulations!

17. FFLMike

FFLMike New Member

My wife doesn't want to do anything but accept packages if I'm not here. I just do the transfers at my convenience. I only charge $20 and I have plenty going on!