ffl for blackpowder pistols?

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by T3-M4, Oct 15, 2007.

1. T3-M4

T3-M4 New Member

Does anyone know if you need an FFL in michigan for blackpowder pistols?

2. synoil

synoil New Member

I also need this information or where to find it.
    Thanks,
    Craig

3. 9mmHP

9mmHP New Member

From what I've read elsewhere, yes, Michigan surprisingly is one of the very, very few states that requires this.

4. Ed21

Ed21 New Member

Not that any of the other responses are incorrect, I would not trust legal questions to be answered on a forum. Go to the specific web site for the State concerned and look up that State's firearms laws. This should keep you out of trouble most of the time. Good luck.

5. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

In most states you can purchase black powder handguns without a permit, as well as ball, cap, and powder. The catch-22 is that while you may be able to legally posess the gun and all components, in NY atleast, you cannot shoot it without a Permit. Many Police agencies are not even clear on the laws governing BP. Check your local Gov. website, but for the time being err on the side of caution and assume you cannot.

6. Slickrick214

Slickrick214 New Member

Michigan along with New Jersey, Illinois and California is just another Commie state with idiotic gun laws. Call the local police station and ask them about gun laws in your area.

7. THE_REPUBLICAN

THE_REPUBLICAN New Member

I know that the Feds say that you can have a firearm produced before 1898 or a replica of any firearm produced before 1898 (cap&ball etc.)without a FFL or any other permits, But I'm really not sure about Michigan's laws.

Is it Michiganite, Michigonian, or Michigander?

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

My grandmother always called herself a Michigander.

9. Slickrick214

Slickrick214 New Member

I'm not an expert on Michigan law but from what I've read you need to do the whole FFL thing for all guns even cap and ball.

10. mrwatch

mrwatch New Member

Ffl

I assume by your question you mean to sell as a dealer? Do you have a shop or store front? Michigan is pretty strict about dealing in a school zone!
    Seen a sign once in a mans yard. GUN NUT, by sell trade. Once I got passed the dog he did had a couple. Didn't take long for the sign to come down as he did not have a FFL.

11. Slickrick214

Slickrick214 New Member

Being strict has nothing to so with it. You can't sell guns on your front lawn like your selling lamps in any of the 50 states. He's lucky the police let him just shut it down. Selling or trasfering a gun without going through an FFL dealer is breaking federal gun laws. As a "gun nut" he should have known that.