FFL Distributors for Home Based

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by silverado113, Aug 4, 2012.

1. clue

clue New Member

You will need a type 07 ffl. The cost of the FFL isnt much but there's a yearly fee of ~$2000 you have to pay to the DDTC. Thats the FFL I orginally had. I ended up reapplying for a type 01 after I figured that out.

2. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I do most of my business with Zanders and Davidsons. I've been home based for almost 2 years now. Zanders offers free shipping on orders over $750. I try to group purchases for my customers together so I can hit that $750 mark. If not, I'll add a bunch of knick nack stuff if I'm reasonably close.

Davidsons is a little higher, but I buy single guns from them a lot when I can't find it at Zanders.

Honestly, there are enough distributors that will work with home based dealers that I don't even notice it. There are more than I can remember. I have my "go-to's" and that's really plenty good enough for me.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014

3. Philip Bovis SR

Philip Bovis SR New Member

I would like to get a list of some of them Homebase distributors

4. Philip Bovis SR

I have started a HomeBase I am trying to find out where I can get a product list from to download to my webpage any help out there

5. Philip Bovis SR

I have started a online firearm sales I have a website that is being built got everything done except for product I cannot find a product list so that I can use the data to download to my website does anybody out there have any idea how to get this done without product the website is useless

6. DSW Firearms

DSW Firearms New Member

7. DSW Firearms

DSW Firearms New Member

8. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

As much as I would like to have a small shop, sit around the wood stove, drink coffee, and shoot the breeze with other old farts I just don't see the business model that would pay the bills. The kind of money the previous poster was talking about in a home-FFL business, you could make flipping stuff on ebay, and without all of the risks; financial, legal and personal.
    It is like the old farmer when asked how long he was going to keep on farming. The answer was "until I run out of money."

I have seen so many small shops open, establish a hundred gun inventory and then be gone in less than 6 months. It looks like the small shops that succeed have a side hustle like pawns or bail-bonds.

Trying to compete with Wal-mart, Bass Pro, SOG, Centerfire, J&G , and the list goes on and on, calls for a lot of optimism.

Dallas53 likes this.
  9. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

i'd have to agree with that assessment. i could see doing it as a side line business, but as sole income generator, not so much. the couple of home-based gun dealers i know, have a regular job and do the gun sales as hobby or side line business.

10. Philip Bovis

Philip Bovis New Member

I'm trying to get my web site up for my home-base online fire arm store but I need to load product, does any one know how to do this or point me where I can get this done ? Thanks

11. Dallas53

how many usernames you got buddy?

12. Philip Bovis

Philip Bovis New Member

I should have just one, why do you ask BUDDY is some thing wrong ?

13. FFL01user

FFL01user Member

Absolutely. I'm retired and do it as a hobby / little side line to make some spending money and save friends (and me) some money. I always look to see what an item will cost if I get it for someone and they buy it from what becomes my inventory or if they buy it online and it comes to me for transfer. Whatever is cheaper for the customer is what I do. It being so cutthroat online it's more often than not cheaper for the customer to buy online, pay a transfer fee, and pay no sales tax on their out of state purchase(s). Keeping inventory, trying to compete with the big boxes, doing it for a sole income to support a family... Forget about it...

Dallas53 likes this.
  14. Dallas53

you're suppose to only have one, and only one person to a username. contact one of the moderators or administrators, and get it straightened out before they remove both of your accounts.