FFL Distributors for Home Based

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by silverado113, Aug 4, 2012.

1. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Well as a home based FFL sometimes it was a little hard to find distributors or manufacturers that would work with me when I first started. I noticed more and more people asking about home based FFL so I put together my little list of those that will work with home based FFLs. Some have a minimum dollar amount for your first order but most do not.

Distributor/Manufacturer Website

Armalite www.armalite.com
    Brownells www.brownells.com
    Chattanooga Shooting Supply www.chattanoogashooting.com
    Davidson's www.davidsonsinc.com
    Green Supply www.greensupply.com
    Interstate Arms Corps www.interstatearms.com
    Lipseys www.lipseys.com
    MGE Wholesale www.mgewholesale.com
    New Frontier Armory www.newfrontierarmory.com
    Olympic Arms www.olyarms.com
    Palmetto State Armory www.palmettostatarmory.com
    Rock River Arms www.rockriverarms.com
    RSR Group www.rsrgroup.com
    Shooting Sports Wholesale www.sswllc.com
    Southern Ohio Group www.southernohiogun.com
    Spikes Tactical www.spikestactical.com
    Stag Arms www.stagarms.com
    Williams Shooting Supply www.willshoot.com
    Zanders www.gzanders.com
    Graf and Sons www.grafs.com
    DPMS www.dpmsinc.com
    Noveske www.noveskerifleworks.com
    Daniel Defense www.danieldefense.com
    Yankee Hill Machine www.yhm.net
    OMB Guns www.ombguns.com
    Independent Sports Supply www.independentsportssupply.com
    LM Burney Distributors www.lmburney.com
    Tactical Gear Distributors www.tacticalgeardistributors.com
    Gun Accessory Supply www.gunaccessorysupply.com

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  2. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Thats awesome, thanks !!!!!!!

3. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I vote sticky for this section !!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

You have a store front so you can do more like
    Camfor
    Sports South
    Bill Hicks
    Armchar

There are some more but I can't think of them off the top of my head since I don't deal with them.

5. jimbrtxva

jimbrtxva New Member

Thank you for the info. Good data.

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Centerfiresystems.com
    cdnn

7. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Didn't know about centerfire thanks. Any idea where I could pick up a mil surplus M1 Carbine for a good price? I have a client looking for one.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  8. danf_fl

Try Jay's in Pensacola. They are Class III and have several stores.
    850-434-5556.

I believe I saw one there.

9. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

saputoarms here's a thread I posted awhile back.

10. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

11. danf_fl

With the numbers of sales increasing, there is a way for everything.

12. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

What people don't realize is it takes money to start a home FFL. Most distributors won't consider less than a $5,000 order. I had an FFL back in the 80's. But I could buy a case of SKS rifles for what would be considered scrap prices today. I could sell an SKS for $50 and make a profit on it. I didn't even bother with bolt action rifles. A guy that had more capital and a store could sell them a lot cheaper than I could buy them. Every hardware store in town had 55 gallon drums of picked over milsurp rifles. People expected to buy a rifle in excellent shape for the same price as scrap metal. At this time a Winchester model 70 could be purchased at any western auto for around $200. How much could I expect to get for a milsurp rifle?

We have the same thing going on today. Only the stakes are higher. If you don't have $50,000 to play with I would not get in the gun business. You either have to charge more than retail for your products or you have to sell a lot of guns to make it worthwhile. Most people who try to operate on a low budget end up selling 2 guns a week through davidsons to make $150. You have to have the guns in stock so people can handle them to sell a lot of guns.

13. ggenovez

ggenovez New Member

John Deer is right.

So how do we overcome this?

I'm in the process of getting my FFL. I don't expect to become a millionaire, just to supplement my income and provide a great service for my customers.

The list above is awesome. Definitely sticky worthy.

My question is, if you need to buy a few small items for your customer, how does he home FFL get a local supplier?

For example, if my customer is buying a AR-15, it would be great to have some 223 on hand, maybe a sling, or some reloading supplies.

I'm in the Dallas Fort Worth area, and the nearest wholesaler I can find is 1.5 hours away. That just killed any chance of shipping 1lb of powder because hazmat is over $25.

14. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Make the drive yourself.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

15. Jnpennington

Jnpennington New Member

Love this Post, thanks for the info. I am working on getting my FFL and selling out of the basement for a couple years. If all goes well I will get a store front.

16. Ilv4xn

Ilv4xn New Member

We have been in business for 3 years now. As a home based we started with about $500. We don't keep any inventory simply because we don't have 50k. I think Deere hit it on the head when he said. Selling two guns a week from xyz wholesale for $150 profit. Or doing a transfer for $20 on gun that was sold for $40 less then wholesale. It's all in your attitude that $20 or $75 is money you didn't start the day with. If you need some ammo or other items check out RSR and only order extras when someone else buys something that way someone else is paying the shipping. The biggest thing I have learned is never be afraid to ask. If they have a 5k buy in and you only need 1k ask. Most commission based sales staff will "make it work" to put a coupe more bucks on the paycheck.

17. ggenovez

ggenovez New Member

Hmm. I reached out to grabagun and they said they do not have any discounts for FFLs. Anybody get a different response?

18. S3RBO

S3RBO New Member

Build some rifles

I have been tossing around the idea of building a few AR15s in my house. No milling or manufacturing. Just buying parts online and putting them together. I live in Ohio if that matters. Do I need any type of licensing? Is there a limit that I can build, or even sell? Any info would be great!:confused:

Thanks
    SSG S3RBO