FFL Advertising

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by Jason Fowler, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Jason Fowler

Jason Fowler New Member

Hello, I am new to this site and have spent some time perusing the vast amount of information. I have yet to find, here or anywhere else for that matter, a discussion about advertising online for your FFL business. I have an FFL and a fairly well built website. I mostly sell from my home but I want to grow my online sales. I have run into road blocks from Facebook (obviously) and now Google has shunned me for selling guns. Does anyone have any suggestions on where and how to advertise? Gun sales are a small part of my business, I sell everything from camping and hunting gear to tactical seat covers so I am irritated by the negative treatment from 2 of the biggest platforms on the internet. Really just looking for advise if anyone has any. Thank you in advance.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Identify yourself as an FFL holder on auction sites will get you started.
    Those accessories you sell for guns could possibly get you on Google.

Jason Fowler likes this.

3. FFL01user

FFL01user Active Member

As mentioned, identify yourself as an FFL on auction sites (ex. GunBroker).
    Have you considered selling advertising space on your website? Or swapping advertising space with other sites? This could drive up visits to your site which would in turn bring you higher in the results of search engines.
    Does your specific state have firearms forums (or general outdoors forums) dedicated to your state or locality? If so, these sites may allow you, for a small fee, to be a sponsor. You would be identified there as an FFL and potentially the entire firearms community of that state / locality would see you as an FFL. It could give you a built in customer base along with the statewide advertising. Treat the base right and you could become the "go to guy" in that state.
    A presence at gun shows can get you known to the community.
    I don't do any of the above. I don't want any unsolicited business. Excellent customer service, word of mouth from the happy customers, a gun club or two that I support, and friends of friends do me just fine. Don't hesitate to give out an extra business card or two to your customers so they can pass them along.
    Of all the above, excellent customer service is #1 in my book...

Edit - Also, submit your FFL to the big online vendors like Bud's, PSA, etc.) and get added to their list of FFL's willing to do transfers. This way when persons in your area buy from there your business will come up on their list of FFL's available in that area to do transfers.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Jason Fowler and danf_fl like this.
  4. FFL01user

FFL01user Active Member

And welcome to the site!
    If I may ask, in what state and / or locality is your FFL business located in?

5. Jason Fowler

Jason Fowler New Member

I like the way you think! I did the gun show circuit for awhile but the company that puts on our shows around here kept raising table rent and doing less advertising so I only go to a few shows. This is great advice and I truly do appreciate the insight. Its easy to get caught up in the day to day activities and forget to step back and re evaluate the big picture.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

As said up there ^^^. By all means register with Gunbroker as a FFL willing to conduct transfers- they have a "find a FFL" function- user puts in his zip code, pulls up the registered FFLs near him. Keep your transfer fees modest, you have a chance to sell them ammo, a sling, tactical seat covers, etc. while they are in your place.

Jason Fowler likes this.
  7. FFL01user

FFL01user Active Member

Jason Fowler likes this.
  8. jeeperdave

jeeperdave New Member

Try selling items on eBay, like your camping equipment, firearm accessories, just be careful with the communist states like Kalifornia, New York and some others because some have restrictions like standard capacity magazines over 10 rounds or ammo to Kalifornia. Good luck. If you can let us know what your web site is.

Jason Fowler likes this.
  9. Jason Fowler

Jason Fowler New Member

I want to thank you all for your help and great ideas. Finding this forum was a stroke of luck and I am glad I found it!

I was basically banned from Ebay/Paypal, Squarespace and Amazon because my site (RealWolfInc.com) has evil black rifles and high capacity magazines. Google on the other hand allowed me to pay them hundreds of dollars to "run" ads that had zero ROI before finally telling me to remove certain items from my site and change my logo if I wanted to continue running ads. I have a feeling they were not showing the ads at all.

All this aside, I will be taking everyones advice and exploring the options listed above.
    I appreciate the help and friendliness!

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Your welcome! (but remember that we are not always so nice. You got us at a good time.) j/k

Jason Fowler likes this.