FF rail w/ original front sight post?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Dahamp2003, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Dahamp2003

Dahamp2003 New Member

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

mid length 9" handguard , Just like this . It will leave a little gap between the hand guard and the FSP but you will get used to it
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

Inside diameter is 1.3 inches you will need a block no larger than about 1.25 inches. Your going to have to remove the fsb to mount a ff tube less you get a shoddy two piece. You should be able to use a carbine tube for a midlength but i would contact mi to be sure

4. Dahamp2003

Dahamp2003 New Member

Thanks Havoc. You answered my question perfectly. 9" it is then. It doesn't look like you use the end cap that held the front of the two piece handguards on there do you? I guess that just slides off when you remove it, then you just leave the tube as the only "exposed" thing?

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Yup , I have seen a few guys leave the cap on but in all honesty it looks cheap like that , I just left it off . Gas tube is exposed but I would never worry about something getting in that area and banging up the gas tube , its just to small of a area for anything real heavy to get in there . No big deal for me ;)