'Fess up, guys. Or gals.

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by txpossum, May 17, 2013.

1. txpossum

txpossum New Member

While my wife does not mind my interest in firearms, she has little herself. And, fortunately for me, one gun looks about the same as another to her. Whenever she asks how many guns I actually own, I mumble something, then make a comment like "I see you're wearing your fat pants again" which changes the subject fast. The next few minutes might not be the most pleasant, but sometimes sacrifices have to be made.

Because like my father, and his father before him, I sometimes sneak guns into the house without my spouses's knowledge. When asked about a particular gun, I've always had it "a while", even if I just bought it that morning.

But my wife thinks that you should have only as many guns as you need, while we all know it the correct standard is not need, but want.

Oh sure. She suspects. She more than suspects -- she knows. But she pretends not to, rather than face the truth . . . that she is married to a . . . gunbug. Someone who, no matter how hard they fight against temptation, will surrender to the siren song of blued steel and hardwood. So she pretends not to notice when I "casually" stroll in the door, with one hand unobtrusively clutching something hidden under my jacket and immediatly head to the basement.

Common' -- fess up here. Who else is guilty?

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  2. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

Guilty as charged.However I am a fortunate one being that my better half likes to shoot as much as I do.Well everything but my long guns.

3. 1411

1411 New Member

I'm in the same boat. Wish my wife would take more interest in firearms. Oh well, maybe she will once the little ones are older.

4. AR10

AR10 New Member

Look clueless up in the dictionary and a photo of my wife is definition #1. That does have some advantages.

5. racer_x

racer_x New Member

If I had the cash id be in that boat too. lol

6. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

The best thing about that is more ammo for you also known as more range time :)

7. JolietGunner

JolietGunner New Member

My wife hates that I have a gun.She dont want to see it or hear about it.If I spend a dime on the subject she gets pissy.

8. JW357

JW357 New Member

My wife is the exact opposite. She loves shooting. Even the long guns. I don't have to sneak. She lets me indulge my addiction.

9. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I think my wife's tolerance of my gun habit stems from the fact that, if it ever came to a choice between her and my guns, she's not real sure how she would come out.

10. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Sorta takes some of the fun out of it -- forbidden fruit is the sweetest.

11. BigRedUSMC

BigRedUSMC New Member

My wife doesn't hate my guns but she told me I have way to many and I'm not allowed to buy anymore. She asks what I need them all for and blah blah and god forbid I buy any accessories... Like a $1250 acog which was expensive but she thinks it's extremely unnecessary (got my *** chewed). I think she's just really pissed that I'm not spending all that money on HER lol I've snuck guns in, told her I've had it (all Glocks look the same to her) hell I even told her I won a rifle in a raffle because I didn't wanna hear her mouth. I'm even having to sneak in ammo! She just won't understand

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  12. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

One place we agree.

Still have to hear about the time a couple of years ago when I bought a wonderful SKS from Cabelas for $179 and did not buy 5 as she requested...
    Never hid one but did introduce my second Eotech with some careful tact!

13. TimKS

TimKS Active Member Lifetime Supporter

My wife knows I like guns, and she knows I have several. She just don't have a clue as to how 'several' I have.

14. rickster

rickster New Member

Guilty as charged.

15. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

You would never buy a gun shy "Bird Dog". So why would you marry a Gun shy woman??:rolleyes:

16. knfxda

knfxda New Member

Because the things I do with my wife are VERY different than the things I do with my dog!

:D

On a serious note, the wifey loves guns!

17. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Because most guys hide guns until well into the relationship. Go to a shooting range on your 2nd or 3rd date while she's still too polite to say anything and start her on shooting or find out her experience level. That way, you always have the defense that she KNEW what you were like from the very beginning! :D :cool:

18. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I dunno. There are advantages to a collar and leash.

19. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Humm?? Sounds like guys who bought lemons.:eek:

20. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I was in the same boat back when I was using our collective bank account to buy my guns.

But we reached an understanding that any money I made selling my grips could be used on anything I wanted without question since it was not money that we calculated in our household budget. That's one of the main reason I worked so hard really on to build my business. I always wanted a new gun and need to sell some grips to pay for it.

Now that I have my FFL, guns come and go with frequency so there's little way she could keep up with what's mine and what's for sale.