Feg pa-63

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by ICleanBrassWithJager, Sep 3, 2015.

1. ICleanBrassWithJager

ICleanBrassWithJager New Member

I was wondering what kinda information owners or past users of this firearm could share with me? Thank you
    Edit: almost forgot, in 9mm Makarov

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  2. bbertram

bbertram New Member

Well, the PA-63 is one of a family of Hungarian pistols , modeled on the Walther PP/PPK family. When the Hungarians were going to develop their own pistol in the "commie" era, they wanted a light weight gun for police and military. First one was the R-59, a 9mm Makarov, aluminum frame, which turned out to be not sturdy enough. They alloyed the aluminum with a little titanium and built the R-61, a 6 round magazine, and about the size of a PPK. It worked out well and they then built the slightly larger (4" barrel) PA-63 as their basic military/police pistol. There is a slew of similar models from the FEG factory as the cute little pistols were also built in commercial versions for FIE, KBI ( Kassner) for import into the US, and other countries. They were also built in the .380 auto, with only a barrel change required for places where that was a more popular caliber. At various times I've owned several PA-63's in both 9x18 Mak and 9x17 (.380), SMC380 and SMC918 (both PPK copies), PMK 380, AP7 (.32 auto) , APK MKII, and SMC-22 ( Which I bought at a Denali Sheriff Gun auction and arrived in an evidence box ). All are solidly built and share many parts. The SMC models generally have a beautiful deep blue slide with a black anodized aluminum frame.

I recommend you get a recoil spring tuning kit and a 11# hammer spring from gunsprings.com to tune your PA-63 . :)
    I like the little guns, but I sold my last remaining one last week on GB.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015

3. ICleanBrassWithJager

Anything about the ownership in it besides replacing springs?

4. bbertram

bbertram New Member

5. ICleanBrassWithJager

Good tip, thanks. For future reference, google is a given option when asking for advice.

6. Poof38

Poof38 New Member

I had one years ago and sold it because of the recoil. I have a lot of other guns that are more fun to shoot.