fees

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by 1911beast, Sep 12, 2011.

1. 1911beast

1911beast New Member

do you have to pay fees for having a hunting licence

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Most places it's just a license fee. Some places also require a hunter's safety course that may cost a little or could be free, depending on where you live.

As far as a special tax other than the licensing fee? you'll have to check with your local agencies unless someone from your area pipes up and gives you a rundown.

3. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Other than a liscensing fee I don't know. I know that I had to take a hunter's saftey course, take a test after the course, and then purchase my liscense.

4. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Only thing I know is that is cost a little more if you are a out of state hunter, but special fee`s, not that I know of !

5. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

That is an impossible question to answer unless we know what you are hunting and you know the state you're hunting in.Like for instance here in MI it's $15 to hunt deer,$100 for elk etc.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Virginia has a hunting license fee, and a big game license fee. SOME counties also have a $1 or $2 Damage stamp fee- used to reimburse landowner's for damage done by "hunters".

However, with the exception of migratory waterfowl (which are Federal) each state sets their own games regulations, rules, licenses, fees. So- where are you hunting, and what?

PS- VA does not require a license to hunt on your own land.