Feedback on this Ruger 10/22 22LR

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by poker99, Jan 26, 2013.

1. poker99

poker99 New Member

2. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Great gun, go shoot the hell out of it for the next 50 years and don't look back.

3. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

Have fun with it! Rugers are infinitely customizable and a hoot to shoot

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

It's a 10/22. It should be great. The stock is usually a personal preference sort of thing. The nice thing about a collapsible like that is that it can fit smaller statured shooters such as kids, and larger shooters as well. So, it makes a good family gun for plinking, and fun, and teaching kids and less experienced shooters, but also allows grown-ups to enjoy it as well. Also as a hunting gun, the collapsible stock allows the gun to work in warm weather and light clothing as well as with heavy winter clothing. So, it's a nice feature.

5. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

6. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

A 10/22 is a 10/22. The reviews would just be based on how the stock on this version feels for someone. I, for one, am not a fan of tacticool 22's unless the purpose is to be an AR trainer, which this is not.

I'm not knocking your choice, though. That is why the 10/22 is so awesome. A different stroke for every bloke.

7. robertb6112

robertb6112 New Member

If I had the money I would buy one. But the carbine version.

8. lopequa

lopequa New Member

Love my 10/22, best 22lr out on the market. Great choice.

9. AR10

AR10 New Member

Chevy, ford, both are good. Same with guns. Most all well made firearms will last lifetimes, if cared for.

I have four Rugers, three of them 10/22's. Pretty well made guns. Lots of ways to accessorize them. None of these, are using an original stock.

View attachment 81855

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  10. Spazzmodicus

Spazzmodicus New Member

A 10/22 with a scope and CCI Minimags is the ultimate survival rifle. Quiet (compared to a 44mag or 30-06) ...reliable, and both gun and ammo don't weigh much.

11. Kai

Kai New Member

I love my 10/22. It is a very reliable rifle. I have the carbine model. It is very accurate at 100 yards, inexpensive to shoot, easy to clean and maintain and reliable as all get out.

Mine is stock. I've added a 3-9x40 scope only on the supplied Weaver mount but that is it.

As has been said...use it for 50 years, hand it down and they will do the same.

12. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 New Member

seems like a straight forward 10/22 action and such so you should be in great shape.

I would test a10rd mag (if you have one) just in case the 25 breaks after they get hit by upcoming legislation. see if a 10rd one will fit and you can easily remove etc. it will function fine once inserted, but just be sure that you can get your fingers in there. You may need an extension for the mag release as well, but all of these won't make a hill of beans difference to how the rifle functions with a 25rd mag. Just my thoughts