Firearms Talk banner

Feds seized nearly 1,500 guns in raid

4K views 42 replies 27 participants last post by  Letsroll 
#1 ·
#2 ·
They're all registered to Eric Holder.

#3 ·
Guns were seized. No one was charged with a crime. The U.S. attorney's office refused to comment.

How does 2+2+2=0??????

Must be the new math.
\
And if no one is ever charged will the owner get his property back?? Undamaged??

#4 ·
Why Home Land Security? Where was the BATF or FBI? They used the fact that the arms were in a house near a school? Schools were put in lock down?
Have you noticed the more firearms some one owns the more of a danger they are? Strange none of the mass killers were gun collectors? Under Obama we will see more of the SS style tactics being used. :eek:

#5 ·
Not sure if anyone else noticed this in the comments to that story but someone posted the following regarding the man whose guns were seized:

"Bob Adams is one of the most reputable firearms collectors in the Southwest.
His knowledge and collection is varied and wide ranging. He has a Relics and Curios FFL which allows him to buy and sell ANTIQUE weapons.
Something stinks here.
I've known the man 20 years or more.
Almost ALL of the weapons confiscated (stolen by the feds) were collectible pieces. It's all he dealt in, rare and unique collectibles.
To me, this looks like the BATF going after one of the last "home businesses" they can find.."

Good thing they sent in Homeland Security -- those reputable gun collectors are always out robbing liquor stores and shooting up playgrounds.

#6 ·
there is not much doubt in my mind that these idiots are going to cause another waco/ruby ridge/timmy mcveigh type incident in the next four years....and then just act like they were doing their job (the initials J.R. come to mind) and since this is a public forum that specifically stands for jolly ******.

i'm pretty sure tax evasion is investigated by the IRS in a much different matter, its called an audit.

wtf is all i can really think at this point.

#7 ·
Why Home Land Security? Where was the BATF or FBI? They used the fact that the arms were in a house near a school? Schools were put in lock down?
Have you noticed the more firearms some one owns the more of a danger they are? Strange none of the mass killers were gun collectors? Under Obama we will see more of the SS style tactics being used. :eek:

But we saw the same thing under Johnson, Carter, Bush the elder, Klinton...

In my lifetime, only Reagan, and Bush the younger ever reined in BATF terrorism.,

#10 ·
More new in the media is all it comes down to , so what the man had 1500 guns, why should that matter ? There is nothing wrong with what he does or what he collects . Nothing states how many guns a person can own , Serial numbers who cares previous to 68 they didnt even need them .
More crap for the public to see as another bad person with all these bad guns . Whats next ?

#11 ·
It's more conditioning for events to come. I expect "unintended consequences" at some point in the not so distant future.

#12 ·
The Feds complained that some of the guns have no serial number. Prior to 1968 guns were not required to have a serial number.
From what I read it wasnt even that, it was most of the guns didnt have import markings, thats why their trying to get him for "gun smuggling"... A vast majority of old guns dont have import markings..

Damn, I guess my Arisakas are evil.... Their battlefield pickups with no importer stamps... Crap they they still have the "Mums", Does that mean it still belongs to the Emperor?? Can they charge me with receiving stolen property??? :eek:

#13 ·
yeah, some how in some ignorant way, most people wont get that it was 1500 guns, off the street, not causing any harm to anyone..... no media outlet will dare mention it that way.... too logical.

the fact that the school nearby went into lock down is ridiculous....

hurry, panic!!! lets all be scared over nothing....over possessions in a basement that have never been used in a harmful manner and no signs that they were going to be....
and the BATFE showing everyone they dont even know thoroughly the very laws they were created to enforce- pretty pathetic.

#14 ·
Yep, Janet Reno's little suckling, Eric Holder, is hard at work kissing Obummers butt. Got to get those curio and relic guns off the street. Meanwhile the BATFE idiot who sold a gun to a scumbag who peddled it in Mexico gets a pass. That gun was found at the murder scene of a female singer.

i wanna puke.

#15 ·
The Feds complained that some of the guns have no serial number. Prior to 1968 guns were not required to have a serial number.
More new in the media is all it comes down to , so what the man had 1500 guns, why should that matter ? There is nothing wrong with what he does or what he collects . Nothing states how many guns a person can own , Serial numbers who cares previous to 68 they didnt even need them .
More crap for the public to see as another bad person with all these bad guns . Whats next ?
JD, exactly true, that many guns didn't have to have them, but many still did.

now if they did have a SN and they were removed, even if they were made prior to 1968, then that's illegal. not saying this what happened, just thought it was worth mentioning.

IMO, something is not quite right here. what now having over a certain amount makes you a danger?

#16 ·
Thre is nothing in the stories to indicate what kind of violations the Feds were interested in. If he was involved in the illegal importation of guns, collectable or not, from Canada, or anywhere else, he is in big trouble. Many Chinese and Soviet imports are cheap in Canada, but quite pricey here. It would not be hard for an idiot to try to cut corners to make a quick buck.

It sounds like the BATF was doing their jobs, until something indicates otherwise.

As far a "locking down" a nearby school, when you are putting a SWAT type team into action nearby, that sounds like good judgement to me.

But, I do know that it is much more fun if it is a big evil government moving in on a innocent collector, so carry on.

#17 ·
Thre is nothing in the stories to indicate what kind of violations the Feds were interested in. If he was involved in the illegal importation of guns, collectable or not, from Canada, or anywhere else, he is in big trouble. Many Chinese and Soviet imports are cheap in Canada, but quite pricey here. It would not be hard for an idiot to try to cut corners to make a quick buck.

It sounds like the BATF was doing their jobs, until something indicates otherwise.

As far a "locking down" a nearby school, when you are putting a SWAT type team into action nearby, that sounds like good judgement to me.

But, I do know that it is much more fun if it is a big evil government moving in on a innocent collector, so carry on.
uh, Chainfire, it wasn't BATF, it was Homeland Security! so BATF wasn't doing their job, if they were in fact illegal firearms.

and the man was a licensed gun dealer! and has been for many years. so now he's a threat to the nearby school?

#21 ·
uh, Chainfire, it wasn't BATF, it was Homeland Security! so BATF wasn't doing their job, if they were in fact illegal firearms.

and the man was a licensed gun dealer! and has been for many years. so now he's a threat to the nearby school?
The story said "Federal Agents, led by Homeland Security", I betcha there was some of all of the alphabet organizations there, but I accept your point, and I stand corrected.

The other reference about him being a FFL was to the effect that some of his neighbors "thought" he was a licensed gun dealer. Another neighbor might have thought he was a killer clown from outter space. The man may have had a FFL-01, if so, he still would not be a legal importer. If he had an FFL-03he still could not be in the business of buying and selling firearms.

My point is, that neither of these two news stories have enough facts to either defend or condemn the person of interest. It seems that ANY story that has the word "Gun" in it has automatically become some government conspiricy. I am waiting for someone to call the Alabama kidnapper an American hero, because he used a gun in defense of what he believed in, and now all of the evil law enforcement officers are out to get him.

#22 ·

There you go defending the Government and condeming the citizens again.

IIRC, you have a large number of C&Rs. Correct? How would you feel if the feds just decided to raid your home and take them? So far, they don't have any proof that the collecter was involved in any illegal activity. From what I have seen, all of the guns are legal. The Governemnt is oversteping it's boundaries and violating at the very least the 2nd amendment by doing this.

#23 ·
The story said "Federal Agents, led by Homeland Security", I betcha there was some of all of the alphabet organizations there, but I accept your point, and I stand corrected.

The other reference about him being a FFL was to the effect that some of his neighbors "thought" he was a licensed gun dealer. Another neighbor might have thought he was a killer clown from outter space. The man may have had a FFL-01, if so, he still would not be a legal importer. If he had an FFL-03he still could not be in the business of buying and selling firearms.

My point is, that neither of these two news stories have enough facts to either defend or condemn the person of interest. It seems that ANY story that has the word "Gun" in it has automatically become some government conspiricy. I am waiting for someone to call the Alabama kidnapper an American hero, because he used a gun in defense of what he believed in, and now all of the evil law enforcement officers are out to get him.
and i will play Devil's Advocate here, if he was selling illegal firearms or breaking the law, then i fully expect them to prosecute him to the full extent of the law. now according to the news report they had been watching him for years, has a 50 page search warrant, and they seized almost 1500 firearms, but he was not arrested? something sounds awful fishy to me on that.

#25 ·
Thre is nothing in the stories to indicate what kind of violations the Feds were interested in.
taken from story in the first link:
Federal investigators confirm that. However, they're also investigating him for possible gun smuggling, tax evasion and violating importation laws.
better to be more credulous than skeptical like your signature quote says...... oh what that is not what is says....maybe you didn't read that either before you put in your sig:rolleyes:

would that be because the SWAT team isn't capable of maintaining their own perimeter they set up before the raid to eliminate one or more "squirters"-
lock down the school but leave all the neighbors at risk of a hostage situation at the same time

pardon us all...not for condemning or defending anyone necessarily, but perhaps for being too skeptical of the whole story, that being what was reported in the links for us to read.

instead of waiting here for something that will never happen, that being the forum members here glorifying a criminal, maybe you can answer the question in another thread that everyone else has been waiting for you to do.

#26 ·
I thought one with a C&R 03 FFL could sale/trade firearms bought, using his/her 03FFL just as long as you are using the ''profits'' to better your collection?:confused:?

If this is true^^^....I would say this person/s with 1500 firearms was just getting his $30.00 bucks worth;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.