Federal Officials Raid Manhattan Stores for Selling Kinder Eggs!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Bigcountry02, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

2. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

The government has made it ILLEGAL to sell a piece of candy with a toy in it that may be a choking hazard? Holy hell.

I don't know how I can manage to make it home from work, make dinner and get to bed without some legislation to guide me...

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

More nanny state insanity. :mad:

We are surrounded by an overarching federal control that has reached science fiction like proportions.

4. Bigcountry02

It seems we are in George Orwell 1984!

I have my tinfoil hat, scarf and the shirt next to me :rolleyes:!

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I have a 1911 next to me. ;)

6. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I doubt there isn't a damn thing out there that a kid couldn't find some way to choke on it. :( I feel for the folks that endure such tragedies, I really do. But this shit has got to stop! :mad: People need to be self reliant and responsible for themsleves and there loved ones, no amount of Nanny State bulshit is going to prevent every and all accidents! :mad: :(

7. bkt

bkt New Member

I agree. It's nuts.

But think about it. So many parents out there are dumb as a bag of hammers (and that's being unfair to hammers) and they'd leave their infant with one of these things then sue the bejesus out of the store that sold them and the company that makes them after their kid chokes to death.

Nanny-stateism is extremely bad. Stupid, thoughtless, neglectful parents are also bad.

8. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Wow...just....wow..:rolleyes:
    Ya know, if this nanny state crap keeps on going, our kids and grandkids will wonder how the older generations were able to survive into adulthood, having access to dangerous things such as chocolate egg toys and cereal box prizes:eek:

9. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Damn near choked to death when I read this as I was swallowing at the time. The paramedics have gone home now and I should be fine if the doctor says so tomorrow.

In the mean time I think we ought to outlaw the internet because it can cause people like me to choke (or perhaps have a heart attack!) when they read this stupid crap that politicians think we want.

Go and run with scissors! Swim immediately after eating! Run up to strange dogs and try to get them to lick your face! Kiss your mother-in-law and use your tongue! Tell your father-in-law he has a pretty face! Stick a bean up your nose! Grab a snake! Poke a wasp nest!

Pretty soon all of these will be illegal. Yet, at the same time, it will still be legal to do one of the most dangerous things known to man. Live. Life is dangerous. Get over it. If it is too dangerous for you perhaps you should make your life less dangerous. For me though, it is just dangerous enough to make it exciting, and I don't need any damned politician to tell me what not to do for my own safety. Damn worthless politicians have never lived what I would call a life anyhow.

10. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Exactly!! Walnuts, Almonds, Hazelnuts, Peanuts, Brazil nuts, Pecans, all have something inside a kid can choke on!

Ban them.....Ban them all!!! :D

11. AusLach

AusLach New Member

What a tragedy :(

Kinder Surprises have THE BEST chocolate!

12. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

I do think about it, and here's what I think. First off. Personal accountability. No lawsuit should be allowed if a parent is negligent and a child is injured or dies. The ONLY person(s) who are responsible is/are the parent or guardian. The parent or guardian should be charged with neglect/endangerment/manslaughter etc. We do not need the government to tell us if something is dangerous, if a product is dangerous, well, we have a really great information network system with the internet and the media. If a product poses a genuine hazard, the the company making the product wont be selling very many and the product will disappear from the shelves. The only requirement I would like to see, if an item is proven of poor/dangerous design, the "company" would be required to purchase back from the consumer at full price paid and cover any shipping costs. This in itself would be incentive to properly test their products for safety. The only thing these nanny laws do is to make people, or should I say sheeple, more dependent on the government for everything in their lives. Which is what many IN the government want, dependency.

13. Theunsb

Theunsb New Member

I disagree the purpose of these laws is to proof to you that government is conditioning you to a new world where the state approves what is good for you and by disobeying it you have committed a punishable offense.:mad:

These funnies they get away with and slowly the public will be happy since big brother takes responsibility for all actions. Gun control, Birth control, Food control, Manufacture control... the list is endless until all citizens are state controlled.:mad:

14. opaww

opaww New Member

First they came for your God, but I did not have one so it did not bother me.

Then they came for your guns, but I did not own any so it did not matter to me.

Then they came for my money and I had plenty until they took it all.

Then they came for my candy and that pissed me right the "F" off.

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Am I the only one that to look up what a Kinder Egg is?? :eek:

JD

16. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I had never heard of them either:confused:

17. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

You are on one hell of a roll this week! :D

18. bkt

bkt New Member

I agree 100%. The trouble is, that isn't how our litigious insane legal system works these days.

19. Bigcountry02

20. smokinbunta

smokinbunta New Member

any kid that choke on these toys and die.. really has some crappy parents..