Federal Law question

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Squawk, May 8, 2013.

1. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I'm being told by a Walmart employee that it is illegal to sell ammo after 10pm and before 7am. He said it is a federal law. Is this true? I'm currently waiting to speak to a manager.

2. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA. A sucker is born everyday.

3. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Now the manager is telling me it is company policy.

4. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

I smell something fishy............

Somebody is looking to score some ammo for themselves. I know of no company policy on walmarts behalf that states when they can sell ammo. I know most walmarts get ammo early in the morning and put it out on the shelf around 7 am.

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Selling ammo is only legal fifteen hours a day?

It's five o'clock somewhere.

6. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

The local Wal-Mart does the same thing its strange, they get their shipment in at night, and they won't sell it until the morning. I have no clue why.

7. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I will find out. Because if it is not there in the morning, I will be filing a formal complaint with the corporate office and doing anything I can to make sure this person loses his job. If it is infact true, I will let bygones be bygones. It better be there in the morning or the manager I talked to is going to get a **** storm.

8. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Get pictures of the shelves for proof

9. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

The Walmart in My town used to do the same thing. In general stocking is done over night. However, when this ammo scare went down...they made the department decision to stock at 7pm to sell it when it came in. they are probably adhering to a store policy and expecting that you will take them at their word. Reason #152 that I have been giving LGS's my money instead of Walmart!

10. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Too late. I'm gone.

11. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Most of my LGS have been price gouging. One has American Eagle 115gr FMJ 50rds for $26.95. Another is selling it for $20.99 when they have it. Why pay that much when I can get 100 rds of Federal for $21.97 from Wally? As soon as the LGS stop price gouging, I'll pay extra to support them. Until then, they won't get a dime of my money.

12. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

HAHAHa ! Wow. I love that one. "its the law!" Shut up pizza face! Its your stupid store policy. Own it bitch. Grow a pair and be honest about it.

I had the same thing happen to me when I started shipping as an FFL. A fedex wank told ME that it was the law that all firearms had to be shipped 2nd day air. Like a new, terrified FFL has no idea about shipping laws. I got the manager to admit it eventually. Some people need slapped more than others. Good. Swift. Backhand.

13. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Just another reason to steer clear of Wally World for anything gun related. Bunch of idiots working for DB corporate schills

14. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I might do a late purchase of some 12 gauge ammo, since it is not behind glass cabinet. I will post what Wal-Mart does.

They push the federal law BS crap, I will indicate show me the regulation!

15. JW357

JW357 New Member

I was told by my local Wally World that they won't sell ammo after 10pm cuz of a state law (Kalifornia). I don't know if its true or it. I accepted it really without question because this state is so messed up in every regard for gun owners, that I pretty much didn't put it past them.

16. improvised_prepper

improvised_prepper New Member

It's bull crap... There are a few stores that say that in my area but the vast majority will sell me ammo whatever time they have it.

Sounds like a store policy, or laziness

17. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

I understand what you mean. Walmart had the pricing...but on my area not the stock. my time is worth more than my money to me...plus I have found ammo at lgs that is within $5 of Walmart pricing...its worth that to not have the hassle.

18. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Turns out, the manager I talked to last night was being honest. And another store had 50 round boxes in stock. Some stores are different than others.

Attached Files:

19. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

The Walmart by me will not put out new ammo inventory till the next morning no matter when it gets there. I went this past Sunday at 6pm. They said yes they had it but it was in the cage and will not be on the selves till morning. Well 6am the next morning wife and I where in line to score 22lr ammo and we did. 6 boxes of Winchester bulk 555rds ea box.

20. 1turkeyhunter

1turkeyhunter New Member

Supposedly what I have been told at MANY walmarts, is once they sell out in the mornings, they will not restock till the following morning. This is what I was told a new company policy that was sent out in memo's to all walmart stores. Was also told the line starts at 6:00 am and the ammo comes out at 7:00 am. I have scored a lot of ammo this week just by stopping on my way in to the job site (around 10 till 7). Usually 1st or 2nd in line! I dont stop unless the app shows stock on something I need though.