Federal law? Carrying

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by mrbirdguy, Dec 1, 2011.

1. mrbirdguy

mrbirdguy New Member

I was wondering about some law pending gowing throught the house or senate? About some concieled carry law? I was wondering what you thought of this And where can I see more info on it thanks

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011

3. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Birdguy,

JJ is correct it is about the third column down on the Legal Activism Section.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

its a dead bill. harry reed refuses to bring it forward for debate in the senate much less a vote

5. phildenton

phildenton New Member

figures, everytime similar legislation has come up in the past it never seemed to make it to the pres, granted our current one is, well, from hawaii, which is worse than kommiefornia, and would have likely vetoed it.

6. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Never knew Harry Reed had power to abort a bill before a debate.
    You mean that soft-spoken, whisperingly kind of guy single-handedly
    killed the convienience of national concealed carry? He lives in Las Vegas,
    for Pete's sake!! The land of you name it and it's got it! :eek:

7. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

Gambling and whores are ok, concealed carry isn't. Doesn't the NRA
    support good ole Harry?

8. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

Gambling & whores = $$$$$
    concealed carry = freedom

No soup for the sheep

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Attached Files:

9. gollygee

gollygee New Member

The NRA is a one issue organization & has supported harry reid because, to get elected in his state, he had to claim to be pro 2nd amendment. They don't have a problem with all the other bilge water that he stands for. I think they've been getting some flack over this because, if I remember right, they did not officially endorse him the last time.

As for the national carry law, keep in mind that ALL federal gifts have strings attached. I prefer that my state legislature has full control over our firearm carry laws. I believe we have a better chance of getting more relaxed regulations, over time, when dealing with them, than dealing with federal people. Once the federal government gets their 'foot in the door' on carry laws, they will take them over completely, then look out!

10. jeffxc

jeffxc Member

It might be along the lines of....

Be careful what you wish for....you might get it. Has anyone thought that if the Fed's ever get that law passed, that they might also use that fact to push obamacare? If they could mandate the individual registering a firearm with the Fed's, could they not also mandate that those registered would have to purchase liability insurance for carrying the pistol? Then mandate we purchase medical insurance. All with regulations - not with congress passed laws.

Talk about the camel's nose under the tent.

They could mandate Federal Firearms permits registration so that the local police could tell if the out of state permit was valid. Then they have a list of everyone who carries legally, and so then do they have a list of firearms possessors.
    What could go wrong?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  11. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

Exactly.

The more "appropriate" legislation is abolishing all previous federal, state, and local restrictions on carrying firearms... concealed or otherwise.

Any restriction on carrying firearms is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

...even on AIRPLANES! (*GASP*CHOKE*GAG*)

That's right. The private AIRLINES should have the right to allow or not allow passengers to carry... they own the planes, not the government. The private airlines should be able to allow or not allow smoking.

And I, as a passenger, have the right to pick and choose which airline I fly based on my preference.

Could you imagine ads like:

"Fly Armed, Fly American Airlines"
    "Freedom Flyer Miles - Thank you, citizens."

We need to be FREE, again.

12. mrbirdguy

mrbirdguy New Member

Yeah firearm restrictions are unconstitunal
    We need to figure out how to change the lawa I wonder what our four fathers would do or say today with the gun laws today can't imagin they would have expected this crap today

13. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

You don't let them know about ALL firearms.

14. bigtiller

bigtiller New Member

We have a do nothing congress and that is just what they will do --- nothing. No need to worry

15. jeffxc

jeffxc Member

Federal worries...

I expect that a lot of firearms will be hidden away in water proof containers....

16. CarlsbadRanger06

CarlsbadRanger06 New Member

Some of mine are in a gun safe buried in the bottom half of my cabin in the side of a mountain in New Mexico. Lol

It's comforting to know that if all of my weapons are stolen, confiscated, or lost if/when the SHTF that I'll still have 3 pistols, 4 assault rifles, and 2 shotguns with ample ammo tucked away in my secret place ;)

17. Emily-Gayle

Emily-Gayle New Member

That's the thing, not enough people are doing exactly that! I only have a few registered and I too have pistols, assault rifles, shotguns and ammo hidden in a safe spot ready for the **** storm!