Federal, Guard Dog

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by rebel619, Nov 15, 2011.

1. rebel619

rebel619 New Member

Has anyone tried it? Its gotten my attention, since I live in apartments...

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

My opinion. I worry about over penetration once tbe lives of myself and my wife has been saved. I prefer a bullet i know is going to get deep enough to do some good. I will let others guinnea pig new sd rounds.

3. rebel619

rebel619 New Member

Good point...

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

And that's fine Jon. I don't worry about OP from my pistol, even though it's perfectly capable of it. I am concerned about it, but if mine or my family's life is on the line, OP isn't really the first thing on my mind. I'll feel terrible if an innocent gets hurt or killed.

5. res45

res45 New Member

thoutdoors9's does lots of test with all types of SD ammo,here is the one on the Fed.Guard Dog.

[ame=http://youtu.be/WA7f69skz9g]Federal Guard Dog 9mm 105 gr EFMJ AMMO TEST - YouTube[/ame]

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

Thats why we shoot a lot. So our designated backstop catches all the rounds fired.

The best way to avoid issues of rounds going through walls is to slow them down by dumping their energy in a goblin that is threatening you. Its the best you can realistically do. Its yet another reason to opt for a 45acp. They tend to stay, not always tho, in your chosen goblin.