federal conceal carry?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by linuxuser3890, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linuxuser3890

linuxuser3890 New Member

One of my classmates in college says he has a license and some sort of paperwork to go along with it allowing him to carry on campus. I asked him where he got it because a) he is 20 and b) my chcl only allows me to carry outside buildings and events. He said his dad(federal corrections officer) got it for him. I have never heard of such a thing even from cops and he didn't seem to know too much about it other than his dad told him to always keep his gun on him.

He also claims that while living in the dorm his room got tossed because his roommate got caught smoking weed and the campus police left him alone because he had the papers with the gun. I argued with him about how if the school found out about it they reserved the right to expel him but he says they couldn't, so I left it alone.

Has anyone ever heard of such a license? And how did he get it?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk

2. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like story to me.

3. linuxuser3890

linuxuser3890 New Member

Kinda thinking the same thing but then again I could be wrong.

4. Belltactical

Belltactical New Member

Most likely he's a Mossad sleeper agent.

Does he sleep more than the average student?

What happened to the weed?

Hey Scott, nice Connie.

5. ScottA

Courtesy of Snakedriver.

I have a black & white picture of one on my wall across from me, and another smaller picture under my desk glass. The one he sent me is the best of the three I look at on a daily basis.

Ok the one under my desk glass I don't see on a regular basis. But it's there somewhere.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  6. linuxuser3890

linuxuser3890 New Member

I don't know his sleeping habits but I would guess he sleeps about as much as I do since our major doesn't allow for much sleep. LOL

I don't think he cared much what happened to the weed since it wasn't his.

7. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

Im gonna go out on a limb and say there's no way someone can issue a permit of any kind for someone else. legally anyway. The whole thing sounds fishy, and not in that tasty deep-fried sushi kind way.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

Dude is full of shizznit.

9. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Your friend is full of it. Not possible. Stuff like that goes on an individual not family.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

And I don't think anyone not directly employed in the law enforcement field can really carry "everywhere" as the OP's d-bag classmate claims he can.

11. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Not to mention this friend is what gives the ccw community a bad rep. He's obviously a liar and irresponsible and shouldn't be carrying anyway. And a federal corrections officer? That can carry anywhere? Not very likely. Correct me if I'm wrong but they don't have much authority

12. ScottA

You could rattle his cage and tell him as a responsible gun-owner, you will have to verify his story with campus security. His reaction will probably tell you everything you need to know.

13. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Only people i thought could do that was swat and military during martial law.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

I don't think they can, but US Marshals can.

15. Belltactical

Belltactical New Member

Lookup H.R.218: The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004.

Retired Leo - good in all 50 states plus Guam and the federated states of Micronesia (although you need a micro-compact there to be legal).

16. chewchew

chewchew New Member

In the state of Georgia if you posess a valid ccp, you can carry a concealed hand gun into to any school as long as you are picking up a kid or if you have business at the office. You CAN NOT wonder around the school with it. A university student with a ccp can carry a handgun on campus as long as you leave it out of sight and locked in your car. You have to be 21 years of age to posess a ccp in the state of Georgia and it has your picture on it and is a legal federal I D card.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  17. opaww

opaww New Member

I am calling a BS on your friend.

18. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Next time he brings it up ask him to wait a minute while you don your hip wadders because the BS is getting a little deep.;)

On a serious note. I would always be sure to give the Campus NO GUN policy the exact same level of consideration it will receive from the next VT Nutt Job.;)

Tack

19. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Since my truck always set outside the weldin shop at my tech community college i wasnt that worried bout it

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

20. linuxuser3890

linuxuser3890 New Member

He said once it expires on his 21 b-day he will have to get his Arkansas CHCL and then we won't be able to carry inside on campus anymore like the rest of us. Apparently this thing is for the corrections officer and there family for protection from former inmates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.